WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The People & Culture Team aims to establish ActBlue as a top employer of choice for people who are passionate about empowering small-dollar donors in our country. We attract diverse, talented employees and promote an engaging, inclusive culture where team members develop, thrive, and catalyze positive change.
The Talent Management Specialist will support the People and Culture Department’s efforts to support employee growth through the performance management cycle, including developing and implementing organization-wide processes for performance reviews, individual goal-setting, and career and competency mapping. This role will report to the Talent Development Partner.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collaborate closely with the Talent Development Partner, Talent Development Operations Manager, and other members of the Talent Development Team to articulate and invest others in ActBlue’s performance management strategy, and evolve this strategy overtime to ensure that staff have equitable experiences;
- Support career development across the organization by reviewing new job descriptions, owning the organizational job description bank, creating career pathing tools, and advising on internal hiring and promotion processes.
- Develop and disseminate performance management tools, resources, and guidance for people management based on organizational needs;
- Support people managers and staff on 90-day and annual performance review processes by documenting and disseminating best practices;
- Conduct audits of performance reviews and individual goals for quality and equity; in partnership with the P&C Team, build systems to measure and track quality and equity goals;
- Lead the implementation and ensure the integrity of the annual individual goal-setting process by documenting best practices, conducting regular audits of individual goals, and providing advice to people managers based on emerging trends, needs, and external best practices;
- Lead the documentation of job-specific competencies across the organization;
- Stay abreast of emerging external best practices in talent and performance management;
- Provide individualized professional development advice to staff looking to grow professionally within ActBlue as needed;
- Complete other projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- More than five years of experience supporting performance management at the organizational level in an HR, organizational development, talent management, or learning and development capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to engage meaningfully with issues of racial equity and inclusion in all dimensions of your work;
- Demonstrated ability to create tools and resources that translate complex ideas in a clear and engaging way;
- Demonstrated ability to manage large-scale, cross-departmental projects successfully;
- Commitment to grounding decisions in input and data;
- Ability to connect with adult learners quickly and build meaningful working relationships;
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive politics and issues.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience working in a technology start-up, nonprofit, staff unionized setting and/or on a campaign staff unionized setting;
- Experience working in a rapidly growing organization;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and creatively with external vendors;
- Experience creating training curricula.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $86,000 - $108,000 based on experience.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.
*ActBlue will never ask candidates to buy equipment, nor will we email from anything other than an actblue.com or actbluetech.com email address.