WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The People & Culture Team aims to establish ActBlue as a top employer of choice for people who are passionate about empowering small-dollar donors in our country. We attract diverse, talented employees and promote an engaging, inclusive culture where team members develop, thrive, and catalyze positive change.
As part of its commitment to supporting the professional development and growth of its staff, ActBlue will be expanding training programs for managers and individual contributors across the organization. The Talent Development Trainer will work with the Talent Development Team to lead implementation of ActBlue’s internal professional development programs, especially onboarding and manager trainings. Success for this role will be defined by staff engagement with and feedback on training opportunities. This role will report to the Talent Development Partner.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collaborate closely with the Talent Development Partner and other Trainers to articulate and invest others in ActBlue’s professional development strategy, and evolve this strategy over time to ensure that staff have strong professional growth opportunities;
- Deliver existing training programs to a diverse set of managers and staff within ActBlue;
- Develop and facilitate onboarding modules for all staff;
- Partner with ActBlue’s Human Resources team to develop and deliver policy trainings as needed;
- Develop or source new trainings and curricula for ActBlue staff;
- Provide regular coaching to a small portfolio of ActBlue managers;
- Solicit expertise and input from internal ActBlue staff when creating and/or delivering trainings;
- Serve as a liaison with a portfolio of training vendors to ensure high-quality delivery of externally-led trainings;
- Monitor and stay on top of training trends, developments, and best practices;
- Provide thought-partnership on professional development plans for ActBlue staff as needed;
- Other projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- At least five years managing high-performing teams in a variety of settings, including building a strong team culture and growing staff effectively, or serving in a leadership role in an HR function;
- Demonstrated ability to engage meaningfully with issues of racial equity and inclusion in all dimensions of your work;
- Demonstrated ability to present trainings in an engaging and energetic manner to a range of internal audiences in web-based and in-person sessions;
- Experience coaching and training managers - coaching certification is a plus;
- Ability to connect with adult learners quickly and build meaningful working relationships;
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive politics and issues.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience working in a technology start-up, nonprofit, campaign, and/or staff unionized setting;
- Experience working in a rapidly growing organization;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and creatively with external vendors;
- Experience creating training curricula.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $86,000 - $108,000 depending on experience
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.
*ActBlue will never ask candidates to buy equipment, nor will we email from anything other than an actblue.com or actbluetech.com email address.