Talent Development Specialist at Horace Mann (Washington DC)
The Talent Development Specialist plans, organizes, designs, and curates learning and development programs in connection with business-aligned initiatives and delivers leadership and general employee development opportunities.
- Develop training programs that improve employee strengths and solve organizational knowledge gap needs
- Facilitate instructor-led training, virtual online, webinars, blended and guided learning journey sessions
- Collaborate with team members to ensure effectiveness in all phases of learning and development program lifecycle
- Cultivate a high-performance, high-trust culture throughout the organization
- Provide motivation and encouragement to challenge employees and drive performance
- Proactively identify new areas for learning and take prompt action to solve for and accomplish results
- Convey information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message, listening actively to others
- Track and analyze development programs by examining learner’s satisfaction levels, proficiencies, and job performance
- Facilitate management and leadership development training sessions
- Coordinate scheduling for employee and leadership development programs
- Use benchmarking and other investigatory processes to identify and implement best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organization Development, Business Administration, Communications or related field
- 2-3 years’ experience facilitating, communicating, consulting, coaching or leading group learning environments
- Proven skills in effectively collaborating with others to develop solutions that achieve results of skill development delivered in a business environment
- Specialized experience in DE&I education and development opportunities and/or process improvement/Lean Six Sigma development preferred but not required
- Previous experience facilitating organizational development programs
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice