Talent Business Partner at West Monroe (Minneapolis, MN)
Are you ready to make an impact?
West Monroe is seeking a Talent Business Partner for our Talent Management team to provide leadership, business partnership, and deliver best-in-class solutions. This role is located in Central Region (ideally, the role will be based out of either our Minneapolis, Chicago, or Dallas office) and will provide talent leadership and support for Practices in our Central Region.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing daily leadership in the areas of performance management, career development, employee engagement and relations as well as being a workplace culture champion. The Talent Business Partner will collaborate with Central Region Practice/Function Leaders and Senior Talent Management leaders to execute strategic human capital plans that support the needs and priorities of the business and drive proactive, strategic, forward-thinking solutions to employee and organizational issues.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide leadership, HR expertise and coaching to managers and employees with specific focus on: employee retention, employee advocacy/engagement, employee relations management, performance management, compensation, and career development and talent assessment
- Build credible and trusting relationships with employee populations to help facilitate effective employee communications and relations
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported & resolved
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices
- Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues
- Lead key HR processes including talent review, compensation planning for location/practice areas
- Employee onboarding and orientation
- Talent Champion, helping develop, engage and retain talent
- Contribute to the business by helping identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
Here's what you need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources; preferably in a professional services or management consulting firm
- Demonstrable experience with, or knowledge of, employment law
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present, influence and collaborate at the leadership level
- Ability to travel to other West Monroe office locations (~20%)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services in a fast paced, high change environment
- Strong skills at building relationships with various levels in an organization
- Strong facilitation, influencing and conflict resolution skill
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
West Monroe is a digital services firm that partners with companies in transformative industries to deliver quantifiable financial value. We believe that digital is a mindset and it’s something companies become, not something they do. We bring together diverse, multidisciplinary teams that use their expertise to develop and execute new ideas and ways of working.
At West Monroe, we invest in our people and care in a big way. We are growing the next generation of leaders who lead with inclusion, enabling us to address our clients’ most complex challenges. If you’re looking for a place where you’ll feel supported, our team will help you grow. We believe that growth breeds opportunity for all. And know that when we come together, we can do what's never been done.
Our fast-paced culture and collaborative teams bring the energy and expertise needed to make an impact and deliver beyond expectations. If you are ready to set big goals with us, join us on our journey of building what matters for our clients, our people, and our communities.
West Monroe is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.