Talent Benefits Manager (Remote) at Circle
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Talent Benefits Lead to join the Talent Operations team. This will be an exciting role to support Circle’s domestic and international employees using operational excellence in both process and plan accuracy for the full cycle benefits experience. The Talent Benefits Manager will administer and coordinate the daily operational needs of the benefits department ensuring all tasks are completed on time and with excellence. This role will partner closely with other leaders in the Talent organization to deliver stellar customer service to employees at all levels of the organization and provide process/data continuity between systems and projects as it relates to benefits.
What you'll work on:
- Serve as the international benefit manager responsible for working with leadership to ensure the company is offering competitive benefits and wellness programs.
- Responsible for continuous process improvements and quality administration of benefits and wellness programs in all of international locations.
- Coordinate with the onboarding and offboarding team to ensure new hire benefits and deduction information is complete and accurate in HRIS and payroll systems, and updated into vendor systems globally.
- Work closely with benefit brokers on market benchmark analysis, and implementation of new programs.
- Lead annual open enrollment/renewal activities globally including organization of webcasts, training, and employee communications.
- Coordinate with employees to ensure any qualifying life event (QLE) changes are completed and updated into vendor systems timely and in compliance with government mandate.
- Manage leave of absences processes (parental leave, unpaid leave, short term disability (STD), and long term disability (LTD)) working with the insurance carriers and payroll team, in compliance with Federal/government requirements.
- Responsible for monthly benefit audits between carrier sites, the HRIS, and payroll system(s).
- Provide counsel to employees, managers, and Talent Business Partners regarding benefit programs and policies.
- Develop standard reporting and metrics for benefits analysis including ad hoc leadership requests, employee use of benefits, cost analysis, financial planning, etc.
- Annual reporting validation (ACA/1095, etc.) and manages benefit audits containing annual limits to ensure compliance.
- Own benefit HRIS configuration settings and coordinates with HRIS/HCM team on implementation of any system changes; supports integration(s) of benefit and risk insurance (STD, LTD, life Insurance) vendors and programs; and works with HRIS/HCM team on implementation of carrier integrations and subsequent maintenance.
- Maintain benefit and wellness updates and resources on internal employee wiki.
- Responsible for reviewing vendor invoices monthly to ensure accurate billing.
- Develop and mentor future direct reports and team members.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Very high EQ, empathy and self-awareness. It is not about you, it is about the team, the company and the clients and customers that we aim to please and provide a five-star experience.
- 5+ years of experience with U.S. and international benefits in a fast-paced startup environment.
- International benefit experience is a plus.
- Strong work ethic with aspirations to advance career.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to stay organized.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and re-prioritize work, as needed.
- Mature ability to keep information confidential.
- Strong team desire and ability to exemplify thought leadership
- Bachelor’s degree is not required but you must have a strong desire to learn many new things, amazing work ethic and alignment to our Mission and Values.
- Proficiency in MacOS, Gmail, and Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, and Docs).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote