Zoro offers millions and millions of products - an endless aisle with everything you need to run your business. We offer fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We've grown quickly in a short time and are continuing to do so while aggressively growing our revenue. We are excited to be a part of an award-winning culture - we have been named a Great Place to Work for multiple years in a row, among other local and national accolades. We think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow, and think you will too!
The Talent Acquisition Partner - University Relations & External Partnerships develops and executes recruitment strategies for Zoro's Internship, University Relations, and external partnerships focusing on early career programs. This includes managing recruitment events and outreach strategies and promoting a strong employment brand on university campuses through a high-touch approach. You will help to build Zoro's reputation on campus and attract top talent to the firm. The TA partner will oversee the successful design of enterprise-wide and functional strategies to recruit entry level candidates across dimensions of gender identity, race, LGBTQ+, veteran, age and disability status. This role will also organize, coordinate and carry out projects, programs and processes pertaining to talent acquisition. You will partner with external organizations to drive talent acquisition awareness and create a pipeline of entry level talent across the enterprise.
You will report to the Senior Manager, TA & HR Ops
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and guide Zoro's departments with intern and full-time early career hiring needs
- Define and refine the current University Relations, Internship, and External Partnerships programs to improve reach and conversion rate
- Execute full-cycle university recruitment process from point of sourcing candidates to offer decision communications; serve as the primary point-of-contact for candidates
- Plan and lead the execution of logistical elements for on-campus engagements and interviewing efforts
- Build relationships and serve as the liaison between Zoro and career center personnel, college faculty, and student organizations at target universities; travel to university campuses during peak season to attend key events
- Manage stakeholder engagement and update hiring teams on recruitment metrics to help identify gaps or areas of process improvement
- Onboard interns and full-time early career hires into Zoro's employee database
- Develop and sustain long-standing relationships with External Partners, focused on strategic diversity talent partners
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition and HR team(s) to develop strategic alliance task force teams, may project manage team initiatives
- BA/BS degree with 4+ years of relevant work experience; experience in staffing firms or corporate recruitment environments
- Knowledge in all sourcing components including qualifying candidates, networking, job analysis, salary trends and relationship management
- End-to-end project management experience: inception, design and execution
- Experience presenting to a senior business leader audience, and developing relationships at different levels throughout the organization
- Comfortable with interpreting and interrogating diversity dashboards and talent data to create data-driven recruiting strategies.
- Passion for creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces
- Proficiency using GSuite and social media tools
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time to all areas of the U.S. (up to 30% of the time during peak campus recruitment season, September - March)
Zoro Values and Inclusive Culture:
We share a commitment to our Zoro values - Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is dedicated to fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are represented, and all team members can be confident that their experiences and perspectives are valued. Zoro aims to empower all employees to learn about, raise awareness, and promote diversity and inclusion through all of our workplace interactions. Zoro is a place where everyone can learn, grow and thrive.
We recognize the courage and effort it takes to apply for your next opportunity. We also recognize that there is rarely such a thing as a perfect candidate. Even if you do not meet every qualification, we still encourage you to apply -- we do not want to miss out on meeting the next person who could emerge as a key contributor to our business and culture.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.