Strategic Human Resources Business Partner - Accelerator Investments Team - US at TechStars (Remote)
The Accelerator Investments Team (AIT) executes on our business model. The Strategic HR Business Partner for AIT will own and lead the talent strategy for this critical work segment; including HR Strategy, Recruiting and Learning & Development. This role contributes to company performance by providing strategic consulting on people and organization development strategies in support of the business objectives - they also support implementation and measurement of these strategies. This individual will build and deliver solutions to clients in the following functional areas: talent acquisition, performance and talent management, employee engagement, employee and leadership development and total rewards. This role requires someone to have strong leadership capabilities, be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing global business and willing to contribute where/when necessary including the ability to roll up your sleeves.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leverage business acumen to partner with business leaders in the design and implementation of talent solutions that enable business strategy.
- Align talent acquisition to execute on the talent strategy.
- Lead the design and delivery of data-informed talent management programs, including performance management, succession planning, employee experience, learning & development, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging and total rewards for AIT.
- Provide day-to-day advice and support to business leaders on a variety of team and employee topics, including team dynamics, learning & development, and employee relations.
- Evaluates and measures the impact of talent solutions and programs. Also identifies issues, patterns and trends to proactively provide insights to continuously improve business performance and/ or talent solutions.
- Partners with HR Operations, Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards functions to deliver integrated talent solutions.
- Translates broad business and talent strategy into tactical action plans that deliver measurable results.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10-15 years of HR Experience with at least 8 years of HR Business Partner or HR Consulting experience
- Direct leadership experience, specifically, experience leading professional level teams
- Ability to establish solid relationships with all levels of an organization; strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate resolutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable employment laws and regulations related to HR and general business practices
- Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, project management, communication, listening and presentation skills
- Self-directed and motivated
- Knowledge of HRIS or related HR technologies
- Proven track record of driving results
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,200 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $29 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.