Sr Workday Security and Governance Manager at Chewy (Miami, FL)
Chewy.com is looking for a Sr Workday Security and Governance Manager. In this role, you will serve as the subject matter expert for Workday Security configuration, partnering across functional business teams, translating complex business needs to effective solution design recommendations, and ensuring data, configuring and security meet business and regulatory requirements.
This role will lead all Workday security design activities providing scalable solutions; support security touchpoints for business-as-usual and HR tech projects; ensure data integrity and process quality; manage the testing processes to support new releases and implementations; provide application administration; establish and maintain data audits and analysis as required and ensure that Workday adheres to all best practice design principles and regulatory requirements regarding data protection and privacy including SOX, GDPR, PIPL, CCPA, etc. This role will leverage your deep functional expertise of security domains and bpSPs, report security, security groups, custom and delivered roles, and assignable hierarchies as part of the HR Solutions Architecture and Delivery team.
Current permanent U.S. work authorization is required.
The ideal location is within a commutable distance to one of our 4 Corp offices: Boston MA, Plantation FL, Minneapolis MN, Bellevue WA. Remote flexibility will be considered.
What you'll do:
- Architect Chewy’s Workday security framework by leading security requirements, design, configuration, workflow, testing training, auditing, implementation, and administration of Workday basic and advanced security.
- Perform hands-on security group, domain and user security configuration in Workday and create and update security policies, domains, segmented security, and role-based / user-based roles.
- Demonstrate design options using prototyping and demos providing alternatives, risks, benefits, and highlighting beneficial and, if any, undesirable unintended impacts of the design.
- Problem solve and troubleshoot issues relating to Security Configuration tracking defects and fixes to resolution via ServiceNow for HR
- Perform audits on system roles and access logs to ensure accuracy and compliance on an established periodic basis and document proper internal security controls
- Lead the validation, vetting of all roles and respective security group assignments, domain security policy and BP security policy by functional area as requests are submitted.
- Ensure all security and reporting processes are followed as documented in Sarbanes-Oxley process narratives, process flows, and control matrices.
- Act as the testing lead for bi-annual releases, projects, and issue resolution, working with business users, IT, vendors, and other support teams to define scope, plan the testing strategy for any system changes and enhancements
- Document the current and future state of Workday security configurations, maintenance, and support of Workday tenants
- Develop user stories, functional specifications, guidelines and documentation to support usage, knowledge transfer and change management programs Work with stakeholders to understand their use cases, propose technical solutions and implement those solutions
- Research and recommend new functionality and security best practices that provide sound solutions to support end-to-end business processes with a goal of supporting operational excellence
- Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities for the application of new or existing Workday and security configuration capabilities that will maximize the capabilities of Workday
- Act as an active member for the Workday community - staying ahead of Workday security updates, fixes and resolutions
- Independently manage multiple projects, reported issues, and customer questions, and shift focus quickly when priorities change
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of Workday experience with at least 3+ years large scale enterprise-level application security focus required.
- Workday Pro Security Certification desired
- Experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components
- Self-starter with proven ability to work within a team-oriented environment
- Good negotiation and facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Demonstrated experience with Excel, Visio, MS Project (or equivalent) and PowerPoint
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) are required
- HR functional experience preferred
- Strong statistical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with functional and IT clients
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle daily planned and unplanned operational activities
- Demonstrated skill in attention to detail and accuracy with data
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects efficiently and effectively
- Position may require travel
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.