Sr Talent Management Manager at Chewy
Chewy is looking for a Sr. Talent Management Manager to join our Talent Management team based in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate has both COE and HRBP experience in running talent lifecycle processes related to performance, succession, workforce planning, and other related talent development initiatives. This role aligns to the strategic initiatives of Chewy’s “Develop Well” vertical pillar, building new processes and platforms that enable long term career growth and development of our 18,000+ Team Members. This role will work directly with every member of the Talent Management team, deploying strategies that enable the day-to-day operations and long-term goals of a fast-paced, experienced-focused, and high-growth team.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as an internal SME for building world class, scalable talent lifecycle processes.
- Link talent management processes with related programs across areas such as: succession / workforce planning, leadership and team development, retention, performance management, competency modeling, career pathing, talent acquisition, and engagement/employee experience.
- Partner with HR Business Partner teams and business leaders to design and build talent development programs that impact all Chewy team members.
- Partner with Learning & Development to forecast talent development needs and collaborate to build out resources, customized development, and program delivery.
- Work across the organization to create talent management data analytics, metrics, outcomes, and reporting for talent development initiatives.
- Actively champion Chewy’s culture of development—continuously seek to promote and embed Chewy’s cultural code, the Operating Principles, as well as Chewy’s Pack Leader Leadership Brand into talent processes.
What You'll Need:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience building and executing talent management processes in a high growth, large global organization. Experiences are ideally in 2 or more of the following HR areas: talent management, organizational development, leadership development, or business partner.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to communicate details effectively to different stakeholder groups
- A growth mindset, with a tolerance to build quickly and fail fast
- Learning agility and resiliency
- Strong influencing and partnering skills across all levels of the organization
- Ability to tell a compelling story with data
- Demonstrated change leadership ability, particularly in building new processes where few existed before
- Exceptional sense of judgment and ability to make quality and independent decisions under ambiguous situations
- Passion for maximizing the Chewy Team Member experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Project, Visio) and at least one HRIS platform (Workday a strong plus)
- Position may require travel
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business, or related field
- Experience as an HR Business Partner running annual processes such as performance management or succession planning
- Experience with process improvement or continuous improvement methodologies (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma)
- Experience in building HR analytics capabilities
- Experience in adapting processes to rapidly growing, fast-paced environments
- Experience implementing talent modules in Workday strongly desired
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com