Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Sr. People Business Partner/Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for the development and administration of the employee relations program, policies and procedures and employee advocacy. This position interfaces with employees, government agencies, managers, supervisors, legal, compliance and People Business Partners. The employee relations specialist will also operate in some People Business Partner capacity supporting areas of the business.
The Sr. People Business Partner/Employee Relations Specialist job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Employee Relations. Support PBP’s by providing employee relations counsel and guidance to leadership and management staff regarding serious or sensitive issues such as harassment, employee discipline, performance management, leave or accommodations, terminations and other employee relations issues of moderate to complex difficulty.
- Provides sound advice that balances risk with business needs, ensuring consistency in policy and procedure application. Ensures recommendations are in alignment with company Code of Conduct, Values, Policies and Practices. May assist in conducting difficult employee counseling sessions.
- Remains current with new, evolving employee relations challenges, employment laws and legislative/regulatory changes and proactively recommends solutions to manage them. Partner with People Business Partners, Legal, Compliance and other teams as needed/required. Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Works independently or with cross-functional teams to prioritize, manage and investigate allegations in a fair, thorough and timely manner, and provides guidance to colleagues on the handling of investigations.
- Review internal processes and make recommendations for improvements; drive solutions that are compliant while supporting business objectives and goals. Build tools and technologies to support a Centers of Excellence model for handing employee relations matters.
- People Business Partner. Function as an internal consultant to internal leaders to support them in achieving their business objectives. Provide strategic guidance to leaders and managers by providing them with thoughtful coaching related to talent and performance gaps. Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to people managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Project Management. Manages and/or participates in key HR projects and/or cross-functional team initiatives. May partner with Learning and Development to develop programs and tools to advance Bright Health’s talent infrastructure with key focus on developing high performing people leaders and people managers. Researches and recommends key updates to HR polices and processes.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and typically 10 years of employee relations or HR experience required; or typically 15 years or more of employee relations or HR experience in lieu of a degree.
- Understanding of California Labor Laws highly desired.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish highly desired.
- Experience in healthcare industry and high growth companies preferred.
- Capacity to demonstrate excellent judgment and adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
- Ability to independently lead, manage and execute tasks with multiple conflicting priorities and deadlines. Strong project management skills.
- Exhibit excellent organizational, written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated sound decision-making ability and conflict resolution.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to build collaborative, trusting and credible relationships.
- Experience balancing business needs and potential compliance risks; skill at developing creative solutions that advance important business objectives while minimizing potential legal risks.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Professional certification (PHR, SPHR, etc.) preferred.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in a hybrid work model of remote and open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.