Sr. Human Resource Business Partner at Cricut (Salt Lake City, UT)
Cricut® makes smart cutting machines that work with an easy-to-use app, an ever-growing collection of materials, and crafting essentials to help you design and personalize almost anything — custom cards, unique apparel, everyday items, and so much more.
We believe everyone is born creative. We’re a diverse tapestry of thinkers, dreamers, givers, DIYers, handi-workers, artisans, and forever and always architects of things.
At Cricut, we place the power of handmade into the hands of all. We give you beautiful, easy-to-master tools so you can make something unique, remarkable, perfect. We surround you with ideas, community, inspiration, and encouragement to take your creativity further than you ever imagined. And as a community, we celebrate the exhilarating act of making every single day.
So, make that handcrafted card that feels like a hug. Design a shirt for fun, for family, or for a full-blown business. Craft with a passion or for a purpose. Make something big and bold, itsy-bitsy, amazingly ambitious, or just plain silly. Whatever you make, just make your heart out. Because here’s the remarkable truth: When we all make together, we make all things possible.
Let’s make.Job Description
We’re looking for a Sr. Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) that has strong HR expertise who can support our teams within the US and internationally. Working on the HRBP team, your role will be to nurture, develop, and grow our greatest asset—our people. You will partner closely with our leaders and their teams by guiding them through all people-related matters as they navigate challenges and embrace opportunities. You’ll also help our team be better leaders by supporting them in mentoring, providing feedback, and managing performance. You will play a key role in creating an employee experience where everyone can thrive.
- Partner with leadership to assess future company and employee needs, and design and build out programs that are reflective of our values, support people at Cricut, drive engagement and enhance all phases of the employment lifecycle
- Ensure that the company is aware of all the people programs and that employees, hiring managers, and people managers receive incredible support
- Coach managers in appropriate people management best practices, i.e., employee relations, performance management, reward and recognition, and retention strategies
- Partner with people managers to implement the most effective organizational structures, with an eye for longer-term growth — improving and monitoring productivity
- Partner with managers to help align people practices that drive high performance
- Collaborate with managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Resolve employee relations issues and address grievances effectively while maintaining a positive working climate, conducting investigations when necessary
- Partner with the recruiting team to collaborate on bringing employees into the company, from onboarding to providing information that informs the candidate experience
- Own the end-to-end employee experience (EX) from onboarding to offboarding
- Manage people programs such as leaves, accommodations, internal mobility, engagement surveys, mandatory trainings, people management trainings, feedback cycles, and more
- Efficiently analyze root causes of issues and potential risks and develop effective and realistic plans to mitigate them
- Create programs to improve workforce planning and succession planning
- Analyze trends and metrics relevant to HR (e.g., new hires, departures, role changes, etc.)
- Conduct exit interviews, analyzing data and making recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Works in partnership with the HR Operations team to develop policies and practices for the company that support maintaining a flexible and fast-growth business environment
- Partner with local and international teams to interpret labor laws and US government regulations to ensure compliance with HR policies.
- Knowledge of employment laws, regulations, procedures and actions for HR issues in multiple countries, in addition to the US
- Experience in managing Employee Relations issues.
- Well-developed customer and relationship management skills, including credibility and influencing skills. Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to partner with other members of leadership and find common ground to deliver an exceptional employee experience
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations, as well as handle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to build a positive employee relations climate, advocate for employees and maintain objectivity, even under pressure from other stakeholders.
- Process driven and methodical in approach to implementing programs & HR solutions.
- Able to exercise sound judgement and discretion in matters of significance to the organization.
- Experience and knowledge in managing HR activities and resources; balancing conflicting priorities and handling ambiguities.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed & resourceful, understand interdependencies and drive execution with attention to detail
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- Broad knowledge of Employee Relations, Performance Reviews, Employee Development and Employment Law.
- 2+ years international HR experience desired
- 2+ years of Human Resources Generalist experience across different aspects of the HR function for large and/or multinational company.
- 2+ years of Human Resources Business Partner experience.
Please attach your resume including links to your portfolio where applicable. If you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!
At Cricut®, we celebrate inclusion and diversity. Cricut is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. Cricut prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Cricut participates in E-Verify.