Squarespace is in search of a seasoned Senior HR Business Partner to join our growing People team--partnering with our Product and Tech/Engineering organizations. In this role, you will work collaboratively with senior leadership and their teams to identify opportunities to drive our goals forward and enable high performance. Focus areas include: coaching, performance management, career development planning, compensation planning, employee relations, and other HR programs; executing on our People team strategy in alignment with the business and their talent management objectives. You will also work hand in hand with the broader People Team on projects and initiatives to cultivate our unique culture and scale our people practices.
You will report to our Head of HR Business Partners and will be based out of our New York City office or remotely in an approved state.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Partner with and Coach managers on performance management, professional development planning, inclusive leadership, employee relations, and compensation planning
- Be a trusted advisor in all areas of HR including employee relations, investigations, leaves of absence, and compensation
- Leveraging data on attrition rates & history, retention risk markers, engagement, market competitiveness, etc., partner with department executives to execute their local talent management strategies
- Partner with the Total Rewards team to advise leaders and stakeholders on our compensation philosophy and practices
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to facilitate tailored learning experiences geared towards team/competency building, leadership development, and career progression
- Contribute to the development of new HR programs and policies aimed at performance management, organizational health & engagement, recognition, talent planning, and position management
- Partner with the Recruitment and FP&A teams on headcount planning, internal mobility, and driving hiring efficiencies across your client groups
- Work cross-functionally to provide employees and managers with the tools they need to operate effectively and achieve Squarespace’s strategic priorities
- Push the status quo and proactively surface opportunities for efficiency to increase the team’s time spent on impactful partnership with leadership
- 10+ years of progressive, multidisciplinary HR experience, including dedicated experience working as an HR Business Partner aligned to department executives and senior leadership
- Experience supporting/partnering with Tech Engineering and/or Tech Product organizations highly preferred
- HR leadership experience managing a complex and diverse scope involving multiple stakeholders across a company
- Previously been responsible for driving large-scale solution development beyond the team and individual levels, and are highly effective at simplifying complex issues, designing and operationalizing solutions tailored to the unique needs of your business
- Been a primary contributor to improving major processes and have a significant impact on company policy and practices
- Solution focused thinking, empathy, strong judgment and decision making skills
- Excellent active listening, influence, written/verbal communication and conflict management skills
- A bias towards teamwork and collaboration - communicates often with peers, socializes work, and manages change with empathy
- A bias towards action - resourceful, execution oriented, and to able to work in an ambiguous, fast paced, high growth, deadline oriented environment, all while handling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- A thorough understanding of HR practices, including employment law and regulations
- Ability to travel as needed for meetings, team events, and in person work with client groups
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.