SmartAsset is an online destination for consumer-focused financial information and advice that powers SmartAdvisor, a national marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors. Reaching approximately 75 million people each month (as of Sept. 2021) through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset's mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ lists of fastest growing companies in 2021, SmartAsset closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset has been featured in hundreds of publications, including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, TechCrunch, The New York Times, CNBC, FOX Business, The Washington Post, U.S. News World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek and Barron’s.About the Team: Join an innovative growing People team that is focused on delivering great employee experience. You will have the opportunity to help develop, and execute strategies that support growth, performance, and future objectives at a rapidly growing company. About the Job
- Serve as a trusted strategic thought partner for business leaders and the first point of contact for employees
- Partner with hiring leaders, HR and business executives to assess talent-staffing needs across the organization for current and future state
- Drive the talent agenda and provide clear leadership on talent management, including assessing, developing, coaching, and mentoring
- Serves as a key liaison with Talent Acquisition to ensure prioritization of key hires relative to business unit needs.
- Proactively assess team and employee development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Deliver and lead HR team initiatives focusing on retention, engagement, recognition, compensation, talent management, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within your dedicated client groups
- Use data and people metrics to provide insights that help drive team structure development, career progression, retention, and engagement
- Provide day to day performance management counsel to leaders and managers, including career development conversations, conflict resolution and performance improvement action plans.
- Partner closely with other centers of excellence including Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I), Recruiting, Finance and Legal to deliver best in class support to your client groups as well as streamline processes for efficiency
- 5 + years of HR Business Partner experience, managing employee relations in a tech, and non tech environments.
- Experience managing in a remote multi-state environment is preferred.
- Coaching and advising leaders and managers through challenges in a rapidly changing/growing environment
- Solution-focused thinking, empathy, strong judgment, and decision making skills
- Strong organizational development experience supporting team effectiveness, coaching, and culture
- Prior experience leading HR initiatives, such as performance management or reorganizations, for an assigned business unit
- Thorough understanding of HR practices, including employment law and regulation
- Strong relationship building across remote populations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with various HR systems
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret data and using that data to guide and influence decision making
- Medical, Dental and Vision- multiple packages available based on your individualized needs. Some medical and dental plan costs are covered by the company at 100% .
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- 401K - 3% match with immediate vesting
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: Vacation & Sick Leave, Paid Primary & Secondary Caregiver Parental Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Pet Insurance
- Supplemental Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Home Office Stipend
- Health and Wellness Stipend
- Monthly Food Delivery Stipend
SmartAsset is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]