Sourcing Specialist at FIGS
The Sourcing Specialist handles the day to day communication with suppliers to ensure all production is completed correctly and on time. This role reports directly to the Sourcing Manager and manages the Production Coordinator. Sound like you? Apply below!
- Manages production schedules from PP to Finished Goods XF ensuring on time delivery.
- Receive and review weekly WIP reports to ensure production schedule is on time.
- Manages PO tracker which is used cross functionally with planning, merchandising, logistics and operations.
- Partners with the Development team on product costing and negotiate bulk costing to meet overall company IMU targets.
- Manage all confirmed costing in Costing Dummy for all programs.
- Manage all aspects of assigned categories including material planning, long lead time and short lead time calendars, development and BOM coordination.
- Manage and review all confirmed costs and deliveries through WIP, ensuring buy plan, PLM and internal cost sheets reflect correct costs and delivery dates for vendors and cross functional departments.
- Work closely with the Development team to ensure fabrics/trims are approved for production and chase into pending lab dips/strike offs/knit downs to ensure on time production delivery.
- Works closely with the Technical Design team to prioritize fit approvals without delaying production cut dates and attend all production fittings.
- Document all chargebacks for Sr. Director of Global Sourcing and Production to review
- Review all bulk submits received against development submits.
- Elevate and communicate high risk potential order problems
- Obtain and negotiate time and action calendar information from all vendors and communicate the information to Planning, Merchandising and Operations
- Ensures that all daily tasks are completed in a timely manner, working closely and addressing any issues or questions that may arise among Design, Tech and the supplier.
- Maintain accurate reporting of all outstanding issues
- 5+ years experience in Production/Sourcing
- Knowledge of garment construction, fit, and finishing
- Outstanding comfort with defining, tracking, and acting upon production metrics through the entire product production process
- PLM experience with full functionality of product life cycle
- Experience creating and updating cost sheets and BOMs
- Knowledge of Production testing protocols, product integrity, production cycle timeline, and vendor management best practices
- Ability to develop & implement strategies according to plans, monitor progress, and pivot to achieve production objectives.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully and problem solve in tough situations.
- Experience creating and maintaining a positive environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.