We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Our world class recruiting team builds the foundation of our success by finding extraordinary people that share our vision. In this role you’ll find yourself partnering directly with executives and leadership across the rest of the organization to own key technical hires that move the needle for the business. You will be responsible for developing and driving our recruiting strategies across Security Engineering orgs at Coinbase. You’ll work closely with the existing team to help improve processes and identify new sourcing strategies. If you thrive on ownership and working creatively and collaboratively with teammates to make great hires, this is the role for you!
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Partner with engineering leadership on all aspects of the engineering hiring process.
- Be accountable for overall team goals in line with industry benchmarks.
- Develop an innovative strategy to find, engage, and hire top Security Engineering talent.
- Analyze and report on progress consistently; continually adjust strategy as needed while making decisions informed by data.
- Advocate Coinbase’s passion for inclusion and diversity initiatives, and continue to grow our company as an inclusive, special place.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 5+ years of recruiting experience in a technical industry or company.
- Experience building inclusive and diverse teams.
- Proven track of identifying and closing difficult to attract candidates.
- Subject matter expertise in recruiting for security engineering talent including roles such as: Application Security, Offensive Security, Infrastructure Security and more.
- Experience building out recruiting processes in a 0-1 market.
- Deep knowledge across the entire candidate lifecycle, from talent mapping, research, sourcing, interviewing, to closing.
- Demonstrated prowess in creating innovative and unique ways to proactively find and engage pipelines of engineering talent.
- Ability to think strategically and proactively, with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
Sound cool? Let's work together.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado is either $127,075 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
*The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.