We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE: As we scale our engineering team, one of our core needs is hiring staff and leadership-level technical talent to lead some of our core product initiatives. As a Senior Technical Recruiter, you will be responsible for finding, engaging, and hiring this level of talent for our team.
ABOUT THE TEAM: The Instacart Technical Recruiting Team is dedicated to building the world-class engineering team that will build and scale our product, thus allowing us to fulfill our mission of helping create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Full ownership of your recruiting pipelines end-to-end for senior-level engineering talent
- Building, owning, and iterating on the interview processes for your searches in conjunction with engineering leadership
- Developing and fostering strong partnerships with all internal clients, including our engineering leadership team members
- Be a guardian and champion of our culture and candidate experience
- Building the team that will change the future of groceries
- 6+ years of fast-paced, high-volume technical recruiting experience
- 3+ years of experience hiring for senior-level engineering talent in a competitive market
- Experience building and growing an internal engineering team
- Proven ability to adapt to various groups and establish common ground to effectively influence others
- Exceptional recruiting business acumen
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues, candidates, and hiring partners
- Ability to work independently while valuing, encouraging, and partaking in collaboration across a team
- Ability to balance expertise with creativity and innovation when it comes to improving our process, practices, and recruiting brand
- Strong written and verbal skills are required
- Previous experience working at an agency
- Previous experience building an engineering team in a startup setting
- Previous experience successfully hiring senior leadership candidates (Manager/Director level)
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.