At Alma, we’re making it easier for people to access high quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers in building thriving private practices. We believe that when therapists have better resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Our product experience is designed to empower people in their search for mental health care, offering multiple pathways and individualized support, if and when someone needs it. Alma has raised funding from incredible investors like Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, and First Round Capital, and was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
We are looking for a Senior Recruiting Manager to help us build two of the four recruiting teams, including high-volume recruiting and one of the other domains (business, technical, or recruiting operations). You will report directly to the Head of Talent Acquisition, help develop Alma’s approach to best-in-class hiring practices, manage and grow your recruiting team, and partner with hiring leaders on strategy and process.
As an early hire on the People team at Alma, you will also play a key role in helping Alma build an inclusive company culture.
The ideal candidate is one who’s not afraid to dive into a team that’s scaling quickly and come to the table with strong opinions, loosely held.What you’ll do:
- Report to the Director of Talent Acquisition to help build and scale the recruiting team.
- Manage a team of 5-6 recruiters, and eventually other recruiting managers as we scale.
- Have structured 1:1s with your team, focusing on coaching and helping your direct reports reach their career goals.
- Build strong partnerships hiring leaders and interviewers to fully understand their needs.
- Build and provide data-driven insights to team leaders to elevate and improve our recruiting processes and strategies.
- Participate in designing and coordinating initiatives to foster an inclusive work environment at Alma.
- Be a leader on recruiting projects and programs, which could include employer branding, recruiting operations, training, and more.
- You are a human first person. You build trust quickly and take those relationships seriously.
- You have experience leading a high-volume recruiting function as well as 1 or more of the following functions: business recruiting, recruiting operations, and/or technical recruiting.
- You have 3+ years of recruiting management experience, including managing 4+ recruiters at a time.
- You have led recruiting programs from start to finish, outside of individual searches.
- You have experience leading the implementation of recruiting tools (we use Greenhouse, Gem, and LinkedIn Recruiter).
- You care about data-driven goals and use the tools available to you to improve your understanding of reporting and metrics.
- You are an effective communicator, both in being able to tailor your messaging to a variety of candidates, and not being afraid to coach and provide feedback to your direct reports, interviewers, and hiring managers.
- You have a passion for our mission to help folks find high quality, affordable mental healthcare!