Senior Recruiting Manager, Engineering at Okta
Senior Recruiting Manager - Global Software Engineering
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security policies. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 6,500+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Over 9,400 organizations, including Engie, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Takeda Pharmaceutical, Teach for America, T-Mobile and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta is looking for a Senior Manager, Engineering Recruiting to join our growing recruiting team! You will oversee our global engineering recruiting efforts responsible for attracting, engaging and hiring talent for Okta's Software Engineering organization. We are disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry – are you ready to join us? Primary capabilities we are looking for in this role are; Strategic Account Management, Operational Excellence, People Leadership and a Marketing mind-set. Secondary, but also important; EQ, Grit, Project Management and a high bias for action!
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Lead our global engineering recruiting team that delivers SW Developers, Infrastructure & Quality engineering talent for Okta
- Align key talent initiatives and resources with Okta's core business objectives
- Organizational design; building an effective organization designed to deliver at scale in a hyper-growth Company
- Strategic Account Management - partner with key leaders and managers to ensure hiring of the right talent at the right time.
- Partnership & Influence - Work closely with Finance & HR leaders to deliver short & long term talent solutions that drive growth & efficiency
- People Leader - manage, lead, grow and develop a high performing team of Recruiters and other key Recruiting talent
- Operational Excellence – drive efficiencies that scale; metrics, process, technology
- Instrument and align operating rhythms that ensure the team hits established KPI's
- Be seen a Brand Ambassador and steward of talent for Okta
- 10+ years broad recruiting expertise; 3+ years managing teams of recruiting employees and/or contractors with the last several years managing engineering recruitment; software industry preferred
- Ability to balance short & long; you understand the need to meet short-term goals while planning for future growth and scale
- Understanding of University Recruiting as a strategic input to long-term headcount growth
- Experience hiring, developing and scaling an organization of top recruiting talent
- Growth Mind-set; you are a leader who is ok making the call, learning fast and pivoting quickly if it does not work
- Intellectually Curious; you never stop looking for ways to make the business, yourself or your team better at what we do, hire great talent
- Boundary-less; ability to work across multiple stakeholders, direct or dotted-line, and partner to create awesome customer and candidate experiences
- Data driven; you understand what we should measure and why, and are able to leverage key data to make informed decisions, as well as influence outcomes