Senior People Business Partner (HRBP) at Flyhomes
Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
We are currently seeking a strong and driven Senior People Business Partner (HRBP) to join our fast-paced, growing People team! Reporting to the Director, People Strategy, the Senior People Business Partner will be responsible for supporting specific client groups and partnering with leaders and managers to enhance employee growth, build a culture of continuous development, and contribute to the continued success of Flyhomes.
What You’ll Do
- Partner, coach, consultant, and advise while balancing the multi-faceted role of being an employee advocate, culture keeper, company steward, and administrator.
- Execute People Team strategy and roadmap within assigned business line.
- Coach and advise line managers on day-to-day performance management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues including conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning, compensation, talent assessment, hiring strategies, change management, and organizational development interventions.
- Identify development needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Analyze workforce trends and metrics and in partnership to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Serve as SME in multiple functional areas of HR.
- Mentor and help develop more junior level People Team members.
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of work experience in progressively responsible roles in HR including 3-5 years of experience as a HRBP or equivalent (start-up or early-stage company experience highly preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, or related field required.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting senior-level leaders and Engineering/Product and/or Sales orgs highly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and prior success working cross functionally with various level of stakeholders.
- Ability to respectfully push back or make suggestions of improvement to company leadership.
- Patience, and a can-do, “I got this” mentality even in stressful encounters.
- Must have a solid understanding of HR employment-related laws/regulations. Functional and working knowledge in the following areas and SME level knowledge in at least two areas: talent management, coaching, HR program and process implementation, change management, learning and development, total rewards & recognition, employee engagement, diversity & inclusion, career pathing, workforce planning, performance management, and employee relations.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action.
- Broad business and financial understanding and the ability to apply to human resource implications.
- Analytical and Critical Thinker: You employ a commitment to rigorous analysis of data, diagnosis and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions.
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with internal clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Communicative: You develop and deliver multi-mode communication to share ideas, learn from each other, and keep each other informed about problems, opportunities, progress and solutions
- Action Oriented: You seize opportunities, take on tough challenges and drive ideas and plans forward with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm. You are able to pivot to solution focus and inspire others to do the same
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables and promote high standards, always seeking ways to improve products. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through
- Flexible: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
- Resourceful: You find ways to get things done efficiently and effectively to accomplish goals and redefine what is possible
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!