By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
Our People team is looking for an experienced and innovative HR leader to help support our expanding Engineering & Technology teams.
Our Business Partner team is responsible for driving strategies to meet changing business and talent needs while collaborating with leaders to balance outcomes with employee advocacy. We ensure the ROI of the work has a high impact while partnering with senior leaders to develop and deliver our team’s initiatives — driving business results and an exceptional employee experience.
- Connect with leaders regularly
- Performance feedback and calibration
- Salary and equity planning
- Talent review, promotional and workforce planning
- Employee survey feedback
- Career planning and pathing of employees
- Business initiatives, programs and transformation efforts specific to the business, such as Voice of Customer, opening up new locations as we grow
- Hiring and retention of key employees which may include interviewing, assisting in internal benchmark data for offer creation and retention strategies
- Exiting employees to include exit interviews, providing feedback to the business to identify common themes and stem future attrition
- Leading change management efforts
- Performance management ongoing basis
- Leading cross-functional groups include regular cadence meetings with finance, talent, operations, legal and others account manager to presenting and roll out HR programs/initiatives
- Coaching senior leaders and their team on interpersonal skills and effective communication
- Reorganizations and restructuring
- Employee relations including investigations
- Focal point for acquisitions
- Exceptions to company policies
- Escalations of all types - employee situations, hiring, firing and retention
- Minimum 10+ years experience providing HR services in a multi-city organization
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves, lean-in and do “whatever it takes” to get things done.
- A strategic vision— ability to see where the business is headed and partner to develop programs proactively
- Strong project management skills— able to translate vision into action
- Creative problem solving abilities, and a proven track record of thinking “outside the box” to solve complicated and multi-faceted problems
- Strong communication skills—able to break down complex concepts and clearly explain them internally and externally
- Doer mentality— pushes boundaries of excellence to help break down barriers
- Quantitative and data-driven— able to draw insights from data, but also to make intuitive decisions based on imperfect data
- Hungry and energized to hit ambitious goals
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $100,000 - $128,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description