Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
Our People team is looking for an experienced and innovative HR leader to help support our expanding Engineering team. You will partner with senior leaders across Engineering to develop and deliver our team’s initiatives — driving business results and an exceptional employee experience. The role can be based out of San Francisco, CA or Phoenix, AZ.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive strategies to meet changing business and talent needs to support our business goals and team objectives
- Deeply understand the specific business and talent needs (i.e. headcount, timeline, level, competencies) of the organization to propose and drive new HR initiatives that align with business needs
- Consult with leaders and teams to enhance their team members’ performance and overall organizational effectiveness
- Engage and influence senior leaders to support and implement consistent HR initiatives practices, processes and policies across the organization
- Work with HR leadership to develop and implement systems and processes to drive continuous learning and knowledge-sharing across the organization through the lens of growth and scale
- Continuously think about our customers, team members, and business and accept personal accountability for driving results
- Facilitate and drive talent review, calibration, and succession processes through the engineering organization; promotes engagement
We're looking for teammates who have:
- Minimum 5+ years experience providing HR services in a multi-city organization
- Minimum 2+ years supporting technical teams (Engineering, Data Science, Product/ Design)
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, lean-in and do “whatever it takes” to get things done.
- Leadership that inspires and grounds others in a shared purpose
- Strategic vision— ability to see where the business is headed and partner to develop programs proactively
- Strong project management skills— able to translate vision into action
- Creative problem solving abilities, and a proven track record of thinking “outside the box” to solve complicated and multi-faceted problems
- Strong communication skills—able to break down complex concepts and clearly explain them internally and externally
- Doer mentality— pushes boundaries of excellence to help break down barriers
- Quantitative and data-driven— able to draw insights from data, but also to make intuitive decisions based on imperfect data
- Hungry and energized to hit ambitious goals
- Experience in fast-growth startup environments
- HR credentials (PHR / SPHR etc)
- Degree or other qualification or experience in Organizational Development / Behavior / Psychology
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description