PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr Analyst, North America Payroll
Sony Interactive Entertainment is searching for a Sr. Analyst that will support and manage our North American Payroll Operations. The candidate will have 5 to 8 years of hands-on payroll operational experience supporting US and Canadian workforce. The role will serve as a steward to deliver on our 3 Pillars of Success: 1). Timely and accurate payroll processing; 2). Foster and extend our service-first approach; 3). Promote and advocate continual progression of our capabilities. The candidate must leverage their exceptional organizational skills to manage both individual and team assignments, deliver timely payroll processing, and be sincerely passionate about Customer Service. The candidate will use their critical and analytical thinking skills to resolve issues and be comfortable in situations where details may be limited and/or ambiguous - realizing how the pieces of the payroll puzzle fit.
- Own and Manage the SIE-Payroll Incident Management area to ensure requests and inquiries are fulfilled in accordance defined SLAs; triage and assign cases to team members, as applicable, which could include our cross-functional partners (e.g., Benefits, Leaves).
- Support auditing of “preview” payroll registers and delegate required actions to the SIE Payroll team surrounding corrections/adjustments of identified variances.
- Be hands-on by supporting the team with preparing necessary documentation and pay data templates for payroll transactions such as, but not limited to: employee withholding, time data and check adjustments, tax withholding and garnishments
- Continuously improve the SIE Payroll processes by realizing and develop enhancements to existing or build new solutions to prepare, audit, balance and reconcile pay data.
- Identify and document trending in payroll/time and employee master data audits per pay period as part of SIE Payroll’s continuous improvement initiative.
- Partner with SIE’s Head of Payroll to deliver on strategic initiatives and drive business enhancements.
How You’ll be SUCCESSFUL
With your analytical thinking abilities and operational expertise, you will have the opportunity to create, empower and enrich an essential part of SIE’s business. In this role, your responsibilities will span across both functional and technical areas; involve various internal and external stakeholders with a focus and drive to support and deliver on the complex needs for our customers.
Qualifications and Success Factors
- Advanced skills using Excel to analyze data as well as demonstrated proficiency using the full suite of MS Office applications
- of 3 to 5 years of direct experience using ADP Vantage (US) and WFN (CAN)
- of 2 year of experience leading an outsourced payroll environment (ADP COS experience preferred)
- Advance knowledge of time/labor and absence management concepts and practices with a minimum of 2 years of experience supporting TLA requirements elicitation
- Advanced knowledge of wage and hour laws and taxability of wages – especially for California-based employees (EDD)
- Exemplary customer service skills with a genuine desire to provide exceptional customer service to our business partners and most importantly, our employees
- Self-driven with exceptional time management skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team setting with minimal supervision
How You’ll Standout
- Experience with business process modeling; develop/document payroll process diagrams/flows, standard operating procedures and job aids.
- Written and verbal skills to effectively partner and interact at all levels within SIE and affiliate organizations (e.g. Sony family of companies).
- HR IT/systems experience including Workday HCM, ADP applications: MyADP, ADP4ME, SmartCompliance, and ServiceNow CRM.
- Understanding of system integration and data exchange principles (source to target)
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in lieu of experience
- CPP or FPC designation is ideal
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.