What we do and why we do it
As the leading marketplace for single-family rental homes, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 500+ Roofsters, our collaborative and can-do culture is what fuels our growth. We recently closed on our series E, raising nearly $400 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management) and Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform.
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance. In fact, our values are B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don’t be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what’s next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
Roofstock’s People team is growing, and we are looking for a star Senior Manager, People Operations to join our small but growing team in Dallas on a hybrid basis. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will have oversight for all the systems and processes that help us to deliver a great employee experience. Our ideal candidate will have experience taking the lead to identify, establish and drive a people operations function. You thrive when you are learning and are always looking to increase your knowledge. You have been able to establish yourself as an expert in your craft through partnership and influence within the business and People team. You are comfortable in being extremely hands-on as you are in building and leading a team. You are always looking for new tools and other ways to improve processes and provide superior experiences to your employees. You pride yourself on your ability to build strong relationships and are looking to join a low-ego, fun team who are working on building an amazing company.
What You Will Do:
- Be the point person for all things related to People Operations.
- Oversee and directly manage the Office Managers in our primary office locations, ensuring a well-functioning office space.
- Own and manage our HRIS, Leave Management and other HR systems, including keeping abreast of updates and changes in the respective applications and exploring new solutions as needs arise.
- Stay informed of federal, state, and agency compliance matters and serve as an expert in State and Federal labor law compliance in all locations in which Roofstock operates
- Oversee the annual benefits open enrollment process.
- Manage benefits administration, including educating and providing benefit information to candidates and employees.
- Oversee the process to ensure data integrity for all payroll data and changes within our HR systems.
- Partner with the Finance team to ensure employees are classified and paid correctly.
- Responsible for all stages of the employee on-boarding and orientation, ensuring a welcoming and engaging introduction to the company.
- Work with the talent acquisition team to ensure job descriptions and postings are updated and consistent across groups.
What You Will Bring With You:
- 8+ years of progressively more responsible experience in Human Resources at a growing company including at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience building and running an HR Operation in compliance with applicable laws, including writing policies and process documents.
- Experience with HRIS systems
- Hands-on experience with administration of payroll & benefits
- Have a superior understanding of payroll laws/regulations, including final pay laws, overtime laws, and bonus regulations
- Have prior experience with creating and running a welcoming new hire onboarding experience
- Familiarity with current CA and federal employment laws as well proven experience in becoming familiar with other State laws
- Experience with creating meaningful reporting and presenting analysis and information
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort with working with employees at all levels of an organization
- Superior communication skills.
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
More Information on Roofstock
Roofstock operates in the Real Estate industry. The company is located in Oakland, CA and Dallas, TX. Roofstock was founded in 2015. It has 229 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 10 open jobs at Roofstock, click here.
Read Full Job Description