Senior Manager - Learning & Development Operations at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
At Palo Alto Networks, our culture is the magic that makes us who we are and lets us work together in a way that allows every employee to feel a sense of connection and belonging, do their best work, and contribute towards our mission. Our leaders set the tone, role model our values, and serve as champions and guardians of our culture. We’re looking for an experienced leader with expertise in learning and development operations to help our employees consistently raise the performance bar for themselves and accelerate their growth at Palo Alto Networks.
In this role, you will serve as a key member of the Global Talent Development team reporting to the Director of Global Learning and Talent Development. As Senior Manager of the L&D Operations team, you will be responsible for ensuring that all systems, processes and procedures are in place to support a growing, high performing Global Talent Development team. You will be responsible for ensuring that our groundbreaking FLEXLearn learning platform continues to offer the best possible personalized learning experience to all learners across the company.
You will engage with stakeholders all across the company to ensure that their particular online learning space is equipped to meet the specific needs of their teams. You will constantly look for ways to innovate and improve, staying abreast of new technologies and methodologies.
We’re looking for an innovative, driven operations professional with experience and passion for developing learner-centric, scalable solutions personalized to the needs of individuals, teams, and organizations. You are an excellent people manager with a track record of building and developing high performance teams. You are comfortable working with any level of employee or manager and are an expert at evaluating requests and driving them from start to finish. You work well in a dynamic environment with compressed timelines.
- Responsible for the development and upkeep of FLEXLearn, Palo Alto Networks’ personalized learning platform
- Support the Global Talent Development team’s operational needs to ensure optimal user experience in all of our learning initiatives
- Partner with local, regional and global stakeholders from Global Talent Development and all across the business to ensure learning solutions are aligned to critical business needs & programs are personalized to fit various individuals, teams, and organizations
- Work closely with an L&D Data analyst to ensure we are measuring the success of all L&D programs
- Manage vendor relationships, including systems, third party consultants and venues
- Constantly improve processes while designing for scale
- Manage project schedule and task details by utilizing project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklist and project scheduling software
- Stay knowledgeable with the full suite of current learning trends (including technology tools) and developments and apply learning to global talent development solutions and processes
- A deep understanding of anything and everything related to the Learning & Development function within an organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5+ years of direct operational experience within a learning & development organization
- Extensive experience in administration or management of a Learning Platform (LMS or LXP)
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent consulting, collaboration, organizational, and change management skills
- Extensive experience leading complex projects related to learning & development in a complex, highly matrixed organization
- Experience working as a consultative advisor with senior partners in a high-touch environment
- Ability to thrive in a highly matrixed environment of ambiguity, change, and rapid pace
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to flex from the strategic level to detailed operational excellence
- Excellent project management capability
- Keen technical know-how, with a natural curiosity and desire to do things better
- Solid understanding of data collection, analysis and success metrics
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. Every team within the organization has a huge impact on our mission statement. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on building, attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most passionate and committed talent to our organization, fulfilling that mission. We focus on building strong teams, centered on respect and enablement, empowering our employees to seek their career goals. You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.