Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We are looking for someone to lead our International Compensation strategy and programs. This highly dynamic role will require you to move from big picture thinking to design to the operational delivery of creative compensation programs that balance our business needs and the employee experience across a number of countries in Europe, Asia-Pacific and South America. You will draw on your deep experience as a compensation professional to create strategies that will help Affirm build high-performance teams, create and foster compensation best practices, and optimize and evolve our compensation programs as we grow.What You’ll Do
- Support Affirm business priorities, operational goals, values, and culture by leading the design and development of Affirm’s international compensation programs, including base salary compensation, and short and long-term incentive plans
- Lead, manage and streamline all elements of our international compensation programs and program design
- Analyze trends, research best practices, monitor economic conditions, maintain awareness of local legal/regulatory requirements and make recommendations for program revisions and development
- Partner closely with key stakeholders across the People (HRBP and Recruiting), Finance, Legal teams as well as Business leadership to understand their needs, solve business challenges, and ensure successful deployment of compensation programs
- Participate in the development of compensation communications to ensure that leaders and employees have the right level of knowledge (including training across key stakeholder groups and employees); ensure communications are well planned and effectively implemented
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of compensation processes, tools, and systems
- 12+ years experience, with at least 7+ years in Compensation
- Preference for experience with compensation design and management in Europe, Asia-Pacific and South America
- Progressive compensation management with increasing levels of responsibility in identifying, consulting, designing, recommending, and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions
- Deep subject matter expertise, including trends, thought leadership and practical hands-on administration in international compensation
- Proven experience partnering and collaborating well with People, Finance, and Legal executives
- Ability to think strategically and creatively through philosophy through execution / operations
- Highly skilled at analytics (advanced Excel skills at minimum), data visualization, planning, process efficiency, organization, critical thinking, and delegation
- Proven ability to grow and develop others to reach their full potential
- Excellent business acumen and judgement; strong team orientation with collaborative style; able to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information
Location - Remote in Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.