Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!Come join our Talent team
Our Talent team is deeply committed to Karat’s mission of making interviewing fair, predictable, and enjoyable from the inside out. What we do in our day-to-day role can directly impact our product, clients, and candidates around the world due to our insights and experiences in the talent realm.What you will do
As Senior Director of Talent for Karat, you will deeply influence the success of the company by leading and executing against a long-term talent strategy. Managing a rapidly growing team of Recruiters, Sourcers, Coordinators and Recruiting Operations you will establish recruiting excellence by building upon our candidate experience strategy, deliver process improvements, and ensure stakeholder delivery and success.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote U.S.-based candidates for this role. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Establish and drive the vision of Karat’s organization and talent expansion. Work closely with the VP of People and Culture and Founders to identify hiring needs and create an efficient talent acquisition strategy to support company goals.
- Act as a strategic talent partner for our Leadership Team. Build and launch a talent acquisition strategy to sustain long-term, high-growth success.
- Support and build upon existing DEI programs. Develop and implement strategies to attract diverse candidates to all areas of the business.
- Build, coach, and mentor an exceptional Talent team.
- Establish cross-functional partnerships to further the Karat employment brand.
- Create, teach and foster diversity and inclusion best practices in all aspects of selection, assessment, and hiring.
- Build repeatable, programmatic solutions within recruiting to operationalize processes and ensure Karat is hiring within a predictable and timely manner.
- Leverage data to make decisions and determine priorities. Align team priorities and deliverables to Karat’s overarching strategy and goals.
- 10+ years of progressive in-house and/or search firm recruiting experience (full-cycling recruiting experience required)
- 5+ years of experience building and managing a recruiting team (managing managers a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong business acumen — have partnered with C-Level executives in the past to build and execute on a talent roadmap
- Experience working with complex organizations during periods of high-growth and change
- History of successfully creating and implementing innovative recruiting processes and strategies with high ROI
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].