Senior Director, Human Resources Business Partner (Remote Eligible)- Tech & Product at Capital One
Senior Director, Human Resources Business Partner (Remote Eligible)- Tech & Product
Are you interested in joining a team of best-in-class HR leaders who enable game-changing business results by providing programs and solutions that unleash greatness in our associates? At Capital One, you have the opportunity to work in an environment in which the business truly values strategic HR partnership and results. If you have a passion for shaping the overall people strategy for a business and want to be part of a winning team, then look no further! We work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where one's contributions are recognized, successes are elevated, and effort is rewarded.
We are looking for someone to:
- Provide strategic HR business partnership to one or more business groups as a member of the senior leadership team (led by senior executives);
- Serve as an integral, data-driven thought partner accelerating problem-solving and driving business outcomes through human capital strategies;
- Oversee and direct the prioritization and delivery of HR solutions to the business, including: people strategy, culture and belonging, organizational efficiency, workforce planning, and succession management;
- Partner with the HR leadership team on planning and delivering HR solutions to the business; and
- Operate as a trusted advisor to executives serving as the expert on people and organizational issues.
Ideal candidates are comfortable navigating challenging forces in a fast-paced environment with significant change; employing only the most effective HR processes which will enable the organization to innovate and grow.
Capital One provides a fast paced, dynamic environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance. At Capital One, diversity, inclusion & belonging are valued at our core, sparking and enabling us to do good for our associates, customers and communities. We nurture an environment that attracts and develops talent from all backgrounds and experiences, and empower our associates to do great work by creating a culture of belonging that values diverse perspectives, fosters collaboration and encourages innovative ideas - and are routinely recognized as one of the best companies to work.
The successful HR Business Partner embraces new challenges, connects dots across industries and functions to generate new insights, drives high-impact results, motivates others, creates followership, and maintains a high bar for talent, while fostering an environment of trust, collaboration, and belonging. We want senior professionals who care deeply about people and lead with empathy, compassion and humanity.
- Consult with the executives and extended HR Team to drive business success by providing thought leadership, and direction, accountable for delivering a HR strategy that is aligned with the needs of the organization.
- Lead executives in translating the business strategy into a talent strategy that embeds and reinforces a culture where associates are seen, heard, valued and have an equitable opportunity to succeed. Embedded within the LOB senior leadership team, HRC's are accountable for delivering and leading all talent-related deliverables including:
- Defining the talent strategy,
- Strategic workforce planning, including succession and workforce planning
- Recruiting/retention strategies, including talent competition marketplace assessment to effectively compete and motivate talent to achieve business objectives
- Assessing Human Capital risks for the business and developing remediation strategies as appropriate
- Leveraging key trends and/or gaps to incorporate within strategic decisions and talent plan
- Designing and developing the organization
- Managing employment practice risk weighing short and long term impacts, including Associate Relation mitigation strategies, staffing/co-employment strategies, etc.
- Influencing the prioritization of the work that will drive the highest value for your client groups.
- Partnering with Associate Relations; Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging; Learning & Development; Compensation; and Enterprise HR to manage equity and equitable outcomes of programs and talent solutions.
- Provide executive coaching and advice on key areas such as leadership, teamwork, org design, strategy, etc.
- Create and support business outcomes with HR programs, initiatives and strategies leading to a market competitive advantage.
- Develop innovative and creative solutions with a willingness to push and challenge for transformative work.
- Lead and participate in enterprise-wide HR project work, partnering with peers across the organization to create and share systemic solutions to HR challenges.
- Measure effectiveness of HR strategy and programs to ensure business effectiveness. Leverage data to craft insights that focus intentional action.
- Collaborate with HR partner teams in Associate Relations, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, People Analytics, to develop solutions which attract, retain, and motivate world class talent.
- Be an inspiring people leader to your HR team, providing focus through vision and prioritization, and elevating your team through coaching and development.
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 10 years of experience as a Human Resources Business Partner, Consultant, Strategist or Specialist including experience with Associate or Employee Relations, Change Leadership, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Talent Management, Organizational Development, Employment Practices, or Employment Law
- At least 5 years of client facing or consulting experience
- At least 3 years of experience in project management
- Master's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Industrial or Labor Relations, or Organizational Psychology
- PHR, SPHR, or Coaching certification
- 12+ years of experience as a Human Resources Business Partner, Consultant, Strategist or Specialist including experience with Associate or Employee Relations, Change Leadership, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Talent Management, Organizational Development, Employment Practices, or Employment Law
- 5+ years of HR Business Partner experience within a fast-paced, high-innovation technology organization supporting technology and/or product executives
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $236,800 - $270,300 for Sr Director, HR Business Partner
San Francisco, California (Hybrid On-Site): $250,800 - $286,300 for Sr Director, HR Business Partner
Remote (Regardless of Location): $200,700 - $229,100 for Sr Director, HR Business Partner
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).