Senior Design Recruiter at Upwork (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter to support hiring for our Engineering and Analytics teams. You will partner closely with leaders from both organizations, and be a strategic partner for their current and future hiring needs. You will also network with potential candidates to promote our employer brand, reduce our time-to-hire, and ensure we attract the best professionals!
Ultimately, you will build a strong talent pipeline and help hire and retain skilled employees for our positions.Responsibilities:
- Solid client management experience and the ability to build partnerships with the orgs you support
- Coordinate with team leaders to forecast department goals and hiring needs
- Follow up with all candidates in a timely manner to ensure a positive experience
- Demonstrable track record of closing potential candidates and explaining comp/benefits packages
- Work with the candidates and our CSM team to schedule interviews with candidates efficiently.
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products
- Confirmed work experience as a Sr Technical Recruiter
- Experience Recruiting for Engineering and Analytics roles
- Proven track record for recruiting racially diverse talent pools
- Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for Eng/Analytics jobs
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (Greenhouse preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.