Senior Category Manager – 2023 Campus Recruiting at Chewy (Minneapolis, MN)
The Chewy Campus Recruiting Team is seeking a dynamic and analytical Senior Category Manager to join our growing and fast-paced teams in our Boston, MA, Minneapolis, MN, Plantation, FL, or Bellevue, WA office. In this role, you will own the P&L for a strategic category, negotiate to improve business terms, manage high profile vendor relationships, develop and execute business strategies, and identify opportunities to accelerate your business. At Chewy, we believe innovation is rewarded and execution is highly valued, therefore, our ideal candidate is a versatile business leader with a track record of high performance, that can think big and operate at depth in parallel.
At Chewy, we believe in ownership and accountability and value creativity. We are makers and doers who thrive on the desire to drive results. We approach our mission to provide the best service and pet products anywhere with a dogged determination and an entrepreneurial spirit. Sure, we work hard, but we have fun, too. Of course, that’s not hard to do when you get to bring your favorite four-legged friend to the office.
What You'll Do:
- Establish, build, and manage strong external vendor relationships, including ownership across all negotiations
- Build strategy to deliver high double-digit growth rates; both for sales and profit
- Utilize research and data insights to attract new customers and enhance existing customer relationships
- Identify opportunities within your category to optimize and maximize product performance, including analyzing sales data, assortment gaps, and market trends to make quick, effective decisions
- Work cross-functionally with various business units to ensure collaboration as well as holistic planning and execution
What You'll Need:
- Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited MBA program with an anticipated graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
- 4+ years of holistic business experience in ecommerce, retail, fast moving consumer goods, or similar organizations
- Strong comprehensive business acumen and demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication skills with ability to influence cross-functional partners
- Exceptional competencies in vendor management/merchandising, sales, marketing, and general management
- Position may require travel
- Excel and SQL experience preferred
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.