Starburst is the analytics engine for all your data. We provide the fastest, most efficient analytics engine for your data warehouse, data lake, or data mesh. We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. Starburst queries data across any database, making it instantly actionable for data-driven organizations. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
Starburst is about to 'launch' into outer space and we're looking to add some amazing talent to our team. We doubled headcount in 2021 and are on the path to double again next year across all departments. The talent team today is amazing as they work collaboratively with hiring managers to source candidates, develop processes and close new hires. Our product is strong, our people are amazing, and combined gives us a recipe for success.
The ideal Sales Recruiter…
- Has proven high-volume experience recruiting all types of sales roles.
- Loves, loves, loves the hunt, and is effective at sourcing passive candidates.
- Is numbers-driven, maybe even a little obsessed, with meeting and exceeding goals.
- Can close candidates with the right balance of consideration, transparency, and drive.
- Knows how to manage relationships with multiple different stakeholders.
- Understands what it’s like to work at a start-up that is fast-paced.
The role will entail…
- Sourcing, screening, and qualifying talent globally (doesn’t matter what time zone).
- Meeting weekly activity goals for outbound messaging, screens, and interviews.
- Managing the interview process ensuring candidates and hiring managers have a smooth and transparent experience.
- Updating our ATS (Lever) with accurate candidate notes and pipeline information.
- Closing a set number of candidates each month.
Things that we look for in a candidate…
- Excellent presentation and communication skills: you’re polished and professional and know how to communicate and follow through effectively.
- Strong work ethic and drive: you are hungry to find the right candidates and are even hungrier to close them, you consistently want to beat if not exceed your goals and pull out all of the stops to get there.
- Organized and strategic: you make sure your days are mapped out to be the best use of your time in balancing outbound messaging, screening calls, and team collaboration.
- Self-awareness & Ownership: you aren’t afraid to ask questions or admit when you’re wrong and take a tremendous amount of ownership and responsibility for your work.
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.