Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 150,000 local retailers and 15,000 brands around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About this role
We are looking for a Recruiting Manager with a focus on Business / G&A recruiting and full-cycle recruiting experience to help us grow our team. In this role, you will closely collaborate with the leadership team to identify hiring needs, meet and report on recruiting OKRs, and manage the pipeline. You will lead a team of recruiters and help grow the team as we scale. This individual will know how to manage, mentor, and guide a team of recruiters and/or sourcers through the entire recruiting life cycle while also working closely with our leaders to drive world-class recruiting practices and strategy. You should be comfortable leading, providing feedback, optimizing recruiting processes and driving stakeholder relationships forward to help us achieve our hiring goals.
What you'll do
- Manage and scale a team of full-cycle recruiters to deliver excellent performance, develop their recruiting expertise, and facilitate their professional development
- Partner with senior leaders across the organization to understand their hiring objectives and develop team recruiting strategies to hit headcount goals
- Develop and execute hiring plan
- Provide timely reporting of key metrics and insights to drive decisions and improve processes
- Continue to work on active reqs where necessary
- 3+ years of recruiting management experience
- 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience (in-house experience preferred)
- Experience sourcing and closing profiles ranging from new grad to management positions
- Experience partnering with hiring teams throughout the recruiting process, acting as an effective hiring partner
- Relentless drive to find and connect with the best talent
- Ability to develop sourcers and recruiters; provide coaching and guidance, as well as acting as a partner to more tenured recruiters in later stage career development
- Experience partnering, and driving change, with senior level management
- Ability to connect and effectively communicate with people of all levels
- Exceptional teamwork and multi-tasking skills
- Experience thriving and prioritizing in a constantly changing environment
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.