Recruiting Manager, Customer First (Remote, Eligible) at Okta
Due to our expansive growth, Okta is looking for a Manager, Customer First, AMER to join our growing recruiting team! You will oversee our recruiting efforts responsible for attracting, engaging and hiring talent for Okta's AMER organization, building strategic relationships with business leaders, and hiring, coaching & developing a high performing team leveraging our global recruiting talent strategy.
This an incredible opportunity for someone who is passionate about people, with a true builder, owner mindset to join a company who is re-imagining how recruiting is done. We are on a journey to becoming a pro-active talent sales and marketing organization. The product we are focused on marketing to our customers, talented candidates, is a career at Okta! Our vision, why we exist, is “Connect the Best Talent with Okta. Everywhere.
As the Recruiting Manager you will:
- Lead a portion of our AMER recruiting organization responsible specifically for our growing Customer First business unit which is comprised of ~500+ team members, and growing by the day
- People Leadership: manage, lead, grow and develop a high performing team of Recruiters and other key Recruiting talent. Instrument and align operating rhythms that ensure the team hits established KPI's
- Organizational design: build & retain an effective organization designed to deliver at scale in a hyper-growth Company
- Strategic Account Management: partner with key leaders and managers to ensure hiring of the right talent at the right time, whilst bringing clarity and driving decisions on complex issues, and leading on projects and initiatives through to fruition
- Partnership & Influence: work closely with Finance, Operations, HR & Global Recruiting leaders to deliver short & long term talent solutions that drive growth & efficiency
- Operational Excellence: drive efficiencies that scale; metrics, process, technology - Shape business decisions based on data & deep dive analysis
- Marketing Mindset: An expert in your craft, a thought leader in your field, and a brand ambassador for Okta, innovate regularly and with ease
You will be a great fit if you have experience in:
- Leadership: Broad recruiting expertise to be able to flex across business needs and organisations; including demonstrated experience of managing teams with the last several years in a software industry preferred
- Experience building, coaching and retaining teams with diverse mix of skills, styles, perspectives, and experiences
- Demonstrates self awareness; collaborative, and inclusive working style with all, active listener with an empathetic style who values everyone's unique experiences and contributions
- Drives results: accomplishes objectives despite obstacles, pushes self and others to achieve results with high business acumen across more than one line of business
- Team Player: Ability and willingness to flex and pick up reduced req-load when needed for business critical searches
- Ability to balance short & long; you understand the need to meet short-term goals while planning for future growth and scale
- Intellectually Curious: you never stop looking for ways to make the business, yourself or your team better at what we do, hire great talent
- Boundary-less: ability to work across the globe, with multiple stakeholders, direct or dotted-line, and partner to create awesome customer and candidate experiences
- Data driven: you understand what we should measure and why, and are able to leverage key data to make informed decisions, as well as influence outcomes
- Understands the importance of data based approach, setting and tracking appropriate metrics for the team, predict results, and drive meaningful change ensuring deadlines are met
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.