Recruiting Coordinator at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about creating a world class candidate experience and matching the business’ needs with the skills and expertise of talented professionals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Recruiting Coordinator, who is excited to be part of a growing organization and is passionate about learning recruiting.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Acting as a liaison between DigitalOcean’s hiring teams and our candidates; scheduling screens, onsite interviews, interview pre-brief and debrief meetings, and coordinating travel and accommodations for potential employees
- Serving as the main point of contact for candidates interviewing at DigitalOcean and provide a world class candidate experience
- Working closely with the recruiting team to thoughtfully plan and schedule interviews for both remote and local candidates
- Managing the flow of candidates throughout the interview process using Greenhouse (our Applicant Tracking System), email, and Slack
- Manage recruiting vendor list and renewals with People Leadership and internal stakeholders (Legal, finance, security)
- Post job descriptions on our company website and relevant job boards; Manage open requisitions in Greenhouse
- Pull weekly reports on metrics for recruiting leadership
- Administer Sailor (Interview Training) Program
- Send candidate background checks
- Respond to slack #recruiting channel and all internal recruiting questions from hiring managers
- Manage referrals and communication to employees who have referred candidates; Develop plan to manage effectively
- Manage and create College Recruiting and Intern program to funnel more entry level talent into the organization ensuring a diverse candidate pool and build relationships with entry level diverse sources
- Ensure all data is accurately recorded in Talent Wall and Greenhouse
- Manage all recruiting collateral/content and ensure it is up to date, including but not limited to Altru videos, offer letters, FAQS, benefits docs etc.
- Strong organizational and administration skills, experience with Google Suite including Drive, Gmail, and amazing Google calendaring skills (you consider yourself a calendar "wizard")
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, ideally serving internal or external customers
- Resourceful, proactive thinker, great attention to detail, excellent at multi-tasking and following up.
- Strong commitment to becoming a super user of our Applicant Tracking System, and other recruiting systems and a champion of best practices
- The ability to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining a roll-with-it attitude when things don’t go smoothly
- Commitment to handling confidential candidate or employee information with trust, diligence, and sensitivity
- A love of working with people to provide great service and an even better experience
- Start-up experience is preferred and an interest in technology is advantageous
- Excellent Communication skills and a team player
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Up to 0-2 years of work experience; related experience in the recruiting field, or tech industry a plus
- BA required
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!