Recruiter at Caribou (Remote)
At Caribou, we’re on a mission to help people save money and take control of their car payments. Caribou does this by using technology to unlock low rates, and people to make the process easy and enjoyable. We offer a fully online application and a dedicated team to walk you through the process. We put Drivers in control.
Caribou is a hyper-growth company built by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries. We’re proud to be backed by a great team of investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Modern Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
Caribou is looking for a Recruiter to drive the hiring of diverse, skilled, and motivated professionals. As a member of the Talent Acquisition team, you will work closely with Hiring Managers and People Partners to execute on our ambitious hiring plans. The Recruiter will:
- Manage full-cycle recruitment for roles in our corporate and business operations hiring groups
- Partner with Hiring Managers to understand scope of role and candidate profiles and advise on sourcing strategy, that will include nationwide searches for potential talent
- Proactively source and maintain a robust pipeline of professional talent, leveraging social media, online media, virtual events, and professional organizations to promote the Caribou brand to a diverse group of talent
- Manage the recruiting process, including application review, conducting candidate screens, coordinating candidate interviews, facilitating debrief meetings with Hiring Managers, and delivering on candidate and Hiring Manager follow-ups
- Advise Hiring Managers and interviewers on best practices, ensuring a positive candidate experience in a highly competitive talent market
- Work closely and communicate effectively with hiring managers and business leaders throughout the hiring process, resulting in meeting hiring milestones on time
- Influence key stakeholders and partners by leveraging data to drive insights, recommendations, and action
- Collaborate with People Partners and other key stakeholders in order to drive meaningful knowledge sharing
This role can be based out of Caribou offices in Washington, DC; Denver, CO; Austin, TX. Alternatively, the role may be based remotely within the U.S.
You’re all about hiring top talent in a highly competitive market, and are energized by hiring the right candidate for the right role at the right time. You have:
- 3+ years of experience as a recruiter, preference for some experience in high-growth environments and/or for companies in financial or technology industries
- The ability to understand and explain in-depth, job requirements of roles across the company
- Experience in a hyper-growth startup environment or high-volume staffing environment
- An approach to talent acquisition that drives building a diverse and inclusive workplace, including sourcing from diverse talent pools and identifying and addressing unconscious bias
- Skills to interview candidates combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews, technical assessments, and behavioral questions) in order to effectively evaluate talent
- Experience with at least one industry standard ATS (e.g. Greenhouse, iCIMS, Lever, JazzHR, etc.)
- Built and maintained broad network of talent through the use of traditional and emerging channel tools such as social media and Talent Marketing
- A demonstrated ability to leverage data as a strategic advisor to your customers
- Strong verbal and written skills, with keen attention to detail and enthusiasm for clean data
- Internal drive for excellence and passion for our values
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation: $100-$130k annual salary
- Equity in a high-growth company
- 401k savings program with 3% company contribution
- Generous paid time off including: 20 days accrued PTO per year, 14 annual company holidays, 16-weeks paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and volunteer day
- Robust wellness benefits including company-paid plans for health, dental, vision, mental health, disability and basic life insurance
- Optional benefits to suit your individual circumstances such as HSAs, FSAs, supplemental life and medical insurance, and pet insurance
- Up to $1,000 per year for eligible professional development expenses
We come from all walks of life and are joined together by our shared values, which guide our work. This helps us improve life for our customers, our communities and our team members.
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.