Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our competitors.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $6 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
M1 is quickly accelerating into our next phase of growth and opening our second Headquarters in Salt Lake City. We are looking for someone to be the in-person People Team representative for the employees in the SLC office. You’ll recruit SLC employees, guide employer branding practices, onboard new SLC employees, do SLC employee engagement, answer HR questions, manage the SLC office, and carry the M1 culture into SLC. You’ll be a member of the broader People Team and work with an incredible group to make M1 a great place to work!
What you'll do
- Recruit on all open reqs for Salt Lake City including technology, operations, marketing, and finance
- Manage a full-cycle recruiting desk and work with a recruiting coordinator for scheduling and in-office interviews
- Be the People Team representative in Salt Lake Citiy and carry the culture into the new office
- Onboard new employees and answer any HR-related questions
- Coordinate in-person SLC events
- Participate in the People Team meetings with the broader M1 team
- 2-3 years of recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience recruiting technology and non-technology roles, including high-volume recruiting
- Experience managing an office and onboarding new employees
- A desire to create a world-class company culture
- Experience with employee engagement and retention
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with others, from interns to executives
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym