About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and elite provider network, 2.5 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $680 million.
About The Role
We’re looking to hire a coordinator to support our provider recruitment team, and to help us find top-quality licensed mental health therapists to join our rapidly-growing program. Our Recruitment Team leads the full recruitment process, from marketing and outreach, to applicant evaluation and hiring, to working closely with our Operations and Clinical teams. You will be part of a highly-skilled, collaborative team who are shaping an innovative model of care. The work you do will help to create positive outcomes for our clients and redesign how mental health care is delivered today.
- Screens resumes/applications; works efficiently with different teams, serving as primary point of contact for applicants and recruiters
- Maintains thorough records of all applicant interactions, and prepares and shares weekly reports on progress
- May represent Lyra during conferences/conventions of interest; attends career fairs
- Helps develop recruiting materials; optimizes workflows, timelines and capacity
- Tracks and reports on volume of applications received
- Collaborates closely with team members and attends weekly meetings
- Some evening hours may be required
What it means to work at a technology startup
- Fast-paced environment - We move quickly to evolve tools and protocols based on data so we need people who are comfortable with frequent change and improvement.
- Dynamic roles - contribute to protocols, providing feedback for the product, and thinking critically about our care model. Unlike larger companies, we are building the company from the ground up so we are establishing processes.
- High expectations - We are a small team looking to make a huge impact so we expect dedication and positive collaboration from every team member.
- Passionate about changing the landscape of Behavioral Health
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an outstanding phone presence
- Eagerness to integrate innovative techniques and technology into day-to-day work, with core ability to use spreadsheets, email, and website interfaces to interpret information and conduct work
- Uses data to inform recruitment team on pipeline health
- Proven record of success; strives for excellence, productivity, and excellence
- Commitment to solution-focused, goal-oriented, evidence-based therapy and transforming the behavioral health system with Lyra
- Comfortable with new technology, familiarity with CRMs, e.g. Salesforce, and customer service platforms, e.g. ZenDesk, and/or HR platforms, e.g. Lever a plus
- University Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a related field preferred but not required
Lyra Health, Inc. works in partnership with Lyra Clinical Associates P.C. and other contracted affiliates to deliver clinical services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Read Full Job Description