We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.The opportunity:
As a single-threaded leader of a business segment within the People team, the Principal PBP (People Business Partner) provides an exciting opportunity to contribute your experience and passion for all things talent and people in a complex and global business. This individual will power a High Velocity Culture and Career Defining Experiences, supporting senior leaders (Vice Presidents). These customers are global and operate in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
The Principal PBP serves as a liaison between central People teams, People leadership, and the business line to assess organizational needs across talent management, performance management, compensation, career development, and manager capability. The person in the role must be able to work independently, take a hands-on approach, and interface effectively with professionals at all levels. You'll need excellent communication, professional interpersonal skills, and the ability to function in an innovative and ambiguous environment. You'll need strong analytic skills and the ability to translate your clients’ business plans and goals into the human resource capabilities needed to achieve results.You will:
- Partner with senior business leaders to develop their talent strategy to support a fast growing business while maintaining an engaging, respectful and fun work environment.
- Drive organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, talent management, performance management and skills assessment and development.
- Coach business partners in career development, leadership and management practices
- Assist in the development and implementation of people plans and solutions that deliver results and a work environment where all employees can thrive and grow.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
- Partner with the business to lead Organization and Leadership Reviews, which focus on succession planning, talent development and organizational health priorities.
- Provide compensation support to leaders for salary actions including the annual salary review, promotions and job re-leveling situations.
- Partner with the central People Partner organization to work with managers and employees to address various employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Partner with the talent acquisition team to build systemic and scalable recruiting programs to create a sustainable pipeline of talent.
- Lead or contribute to cross functional/business HR Projects.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an HR generalist leadership role, preferably in a high- tech environment
- Proven success in coaching senior leaders in high growth environments
- Master's Degree or MBA in Human Resources Management or related field preferred
- Demonstrated achievements in coaching, influencing and problem solving with various levels of leadership
- Broad experience and specific knowledge of organizational design, talent management, employee relations, compensation, employee engagement, learning, and performance management.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven Project management and execution skills and a track record of influencing through data-driven recommendations.
- Proven ability to operate with autonomy and discretion and use sound judgment in all situations.
- Exceptional ability to influence and partner with other People Business Partner and People specialist professionals (Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Inclusion, Diversity & Equity, Employee Relations) across different functions and locations.
- Experience working in high growth, global team environment with multiple time zones
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $2B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.