Principal Associate, HR Business Partner - Risk Management (Washington DC)
Principal Associate, HR Business Partner - Risk Management
Are you interested in joining a team of best-in-class HR consulting leaders who enable game-changing business results by providing programs and solutions that unleash greatness in our associates? Here at Capital One you have the opportunity to work in an environment in which the business truly values the strategic HR partnership. If you have a passion for shaping the overall people strategy for the business and want to be part of a winning team, then look no further! We work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where one's contributions are recognized, successes are elevated and effort is rewarded. Capital One provides a fast paced, dynamic environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and one of the best companies to work for.
The Risk Management HRBP team is hiring a Principal Associate to support key HR priorities within Technology Risk Management, Enterprise Risk Management, and CapRo]. The Principal Associate plays a critical role in identifying and executing on process improvement areas across the broader Risk Management Human Resource teams along with planning, monitoring and coordinating logistics for a number of processes, such as talent management and performance management activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own business (client) group(s) within Risk Management organization, providing strategic consulting to executive leaders and all associates in that business
- Collaborate across several functional areas of HR, (Talent Acquisition, People Analytics, Associate Relations, Compensation, HR Horizontal, Talent Management), Finance, Chief of Staff teams, and HRBPs to design and execute the annual talent and performance calendar of activities
- Develop walk-around decks, communications, and training materials to be used in preparing managers and associates; may include facilitator or "train the trainer" sessions
- Facilitate sessions, run data reporting and/or provide notes as needed
- Prepare consolidated summaries for business leaders to describe outcomes of talent conversations, calibration sessions, and all associate engagement survey themes
- Complete promotion and compensation changes in Workday
- Provide feedback to Chief of Staff team and Performance Management team to help drive continuous improvement of these programs
- Leverage data and people analytics to influence outcomes, enable business strategy, and coach leaders/associates
- Understands how to work in gray space and navigate ambiguity, while remaining nimble to evolving changes
- Strong workforce planning, project management / program management skills
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of client facing experience or at least 2 years of consulting experience or a combination of both
- At least 2 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist
- At least 1 year of experience in Project or Process Management
- MBA or Master's Degree
- Professional Human Resources Certification or Project Management Professional Certification
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources
- 3+ years of experience in Project or Process Management
- 3+ years of experience in client-facing consulting experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).