Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
Confluent is looking for a People Team Communications Lead, reporting into the People Team’s Chief of Staff & Head of Key Projects. In our new remote-first environment, communication is more important than ever. You will partner closely with all of the People functions in this newly-created role.
In this role you will act as the People Team’s strategic communications lead. There will be four key components of your role: planning, advisory, content development and strategy. This is an opportunity to continue building and growing your communications, planning, stakeholder management and strategic thinking skills. You will work closely with the People Leadership Team and play an active role in the operating success of the People Team.
What You Will Do:
- Planning: Own the People Team communication calendars and roadmap - both business-facing and internally-facing; Own the People Team Extended LT weekly comms tracker and E-Staff briefing summary
- Advisory: Ensure business-facing messages have a consistent tone, approach and staggered cadence. Act as the last point of contact before comms go out to the business; Align regularly with Internal Comms to ensure best practices are leveraged and close alignment
- Content Development: Ensure bi-weekly updates are sent to the People Team on key topics and action items; Ensure monthly ‘Top of Mind’ CPO messages are aggregated and drafted for the CPO; Draft the CPO’s communication plan (company-wide) on where she needs to communicate, through what channels / forums, key messages aligning to business cadence; Design and develop executive presentations that come from the CPO
- Strategy: Lead ongoing review cycles of the People Team communication channels, cadence, meeting series through a continuous improvement lens; Ensure our communications strategy aligns to our broader department roadmap and strategy
What You Will Bring:
- 3+ years in a People function
- 2+ years experience in a high-growth company
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Superb communication skills and an ability to relay information in a clear, succinct manner
- An ability to work in a fast-based, sometimes ambiguous environment
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
More Information on Confluent
Confluent operates in the Big Data industry. The company is located in Mountain View, CA. Confluent was founded in 2014. It has 1682 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 192 open jobs at Confluent, click here.
Read Full Job Description