- Work closely with other People Partners and VP, People Operations to develop, implement, and continue to iterate on foundational people ops programs, including but not limited to performance engagement, leadership training and development, compliance-driven processes, programs and training, DEI and other programs and initiatives that meet Pie’s business needs.
- Develop data-supported, innovative best practice-driven business cases and solutions for implementing and developing People and Talent tools, policies, processes, and programs that will drive scale and organizational performance.
- Answer leader and team member questions regarding policies, compliance, programs, perks & benefits through People Support Portal. Act with urgency and proactively manage expectations when responding to inquiries and requests for assistance from leaders, team members, People and Talent team members, and our IT and Finance partners.
- Develop and deliver people-driven training content to team members, leaders and within our own People team.
- Build and maintain a outcomes-oriented, talent-dense culture where high performance is recognized and valued
- Talent Management – Use developed knowledge of performance and engagement tools to recommend and implement best practices. Work with leaders on engagement survey data to implement initiatives and changes to ensure highly engaged and performing teams. Support people leaders with performance coaching, including develiver clear performance expectations and, when applicable, corrective action.
- Organizational Management - Partner with hiring leaders to understand their organizational objectives and drive team member on-boarding, engagement, and performance management to ensure objectives are met. Support leaders on strategic business initiatives through organizational structure and design, headcount planning and forecasting, career development and succession planning.
- Team Member Relations - provide coaching to enable team member driven conflict resolution and support leaders in creating safe space for raising concerns, handling conflict and providing direct and constructive feedback. Investigate complaints or violations of Pie’s values, work with legal on complex investigations from beginning to resolution.
- Support the development of your leaders and fellow People and Talent team members in the above areas by investing time with them and freely sharing your knowledge, expertise and industry best practices.
- 7+ years of people operations or human resources (HR) experience, related business industry experience, or leading teams with HR related functions, or a combination of related experience/education required. A demonstrated forward career progression is desired.
- 3+ years of experience working in a HR Business Partner or People Partner role or a combination of related experience/education.
- Prior experience supporting non-exempt team members and expertise in non-exempt wage laws and HR compliance are required.
- Experience in a multi-state environment is required; prior experience supporting team members based in California strongly preferred.
- Advanced skills in developing and executing on plans that are part of a larger organizational strategy.
- Developed knowledge of organizational structure and design.
- Strong process orientation and enjoyment in finding the opportunities to create, automate and improve processes to ensure the best delivery of people services.
- Strong experience with data driven evaluation of people programs and processes.
- Proficiency using and managing an HRIS.
Base compensation range for position: $96,000 - $121,000
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO, including paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.Location Information
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.Additional Information
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.