People Ops Specialist at Lilt (Indianapolis, IN)
| Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:21 a.m. (CST) on Friday, August 19, 2022
Who we are
Lilt is a language translation services and technology company. We're building the next generation of localization, making it possible for every organization to communicate with their customers in the language of their choice through Lilt's high-quality, scalable, and affordable translation services.
We recruit the world's best human translators and equip them with our software, allowing them to translate better and faster than ever. By combining human expertise and machine efficiency in a complete enterprise localization solution, we can deliver technology-enabled translation services to our customers.
Lilt is backed by some of the world's leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Intel Capital, and Redpoint. Our customers include some of the largest Fortune 500 companies in the world who rely on Lilt every day to provide more personal customer experiences in 300+ languages.
Our team has hubs in the Bay Area, Indianapolis, Washington DC, Berlin, Dublin, and London.
What you’ll do
In collaboration with People Operations Manager and HR Team, the People Ops Specialist’s mission is to own the day-to-day tactical People Ops functions to ensure that consistent processes and procedures are being followed. The People Ops Specialist will provide support to the People Ops Lead and facilitate several areas of People Ops, including onboarding, offboarding, employee changes, compliance, and basic HR issues.
This position will be based out of our Indianapolis office and employees will be expected to come into the office in a hybrid capacity.
Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate onboarding and offboarding processes, ensuring a consistent experience for employees regardless of geographical location or department
- Conduct background checks and employment verifications
- Coordinate and perform confidential administrative tasks to support the People Ops Team, including the preparation of company-wide communication, programs, and reports
- Coordinate workers’ compensation filings
- Coordinate leaves of absence, including FMLA, statutory state leaves, etc.
- Support global benefit plans by processing employee changes and providing resources and education to employees
- Support Lilt policy enforcement and communication
- Support HRIS data entry for new hires, terminations, and all other changes throughout the employee lifecycle
- Provide general administrative support to the People Ops Team as necessary
- Support company-wide initiatives to increase employee engagement and productivity
- Support maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
Successful candidates will have:
- 1-2 years of human resource experience and/or specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organizational development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations, or Business
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement
- Any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates ability to perform the duties of the position
What we offer:
- Compensation: Competitive salary, meaningful equity, and 401k matching.
- Health care: Employees receive coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Monthly lifestyle benefit stipend via the Fringe platform to allow employees to customize benefits to their lifestyle
Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
All US employees are required to be vaccinated per Lilt's Company policy (some exceptions may apply)
Lilt is an equal opportunity employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to an individual’s race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, veteran or marital status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. We are committed to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
More Information on Lilt
Lilt operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and Indianapolis, IN. Lilt was founded in 2015. It has 288 total employees. To see all 42 open jobs at Lilt, click here.
Read Full Job Description