People Ops Lead at Cleo - Fintech (Remote)
We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 4 million users and plan to double that number each year...which is where you come in.
We're looking for a People Ops Lead to join our growing and close-knit People & Talent team to help us scale effectively.
What you’ll do
- Be our core HRIS whisperer, making sure all our people data is clean and in line with Data Protection standards.
- Help our people data tell a story. Turn our HRIS numbers into ad-hoc reports, automated reports, dashboards and the likes to help us understand where we are and where we need to go. Pick out trends and themes and share these with the wider People team to inform our strategy and planning.
- Build better workflows throughout the employee lifecycle partnering with relevant teams across the business to ensure people centric and really effective experiences. . This includes automating manual processes wherever you find them from hiring to onboarding, performance and reward to offboarding.
- Anchor the performance / reward cycle at Cleo by capturing data, building reports, and updating our HRIS to reflect changes. Work with the wider People team and managers to ensure smooth communication to all employees post each cycle.
- You’ll be asked regularly to prepare presentations for the Exec team around important people issues like D&I, compensation, attrition etc.
- Manage straightforward employee relations cases and processes, along with subsequent reporting and documentation of sensitive issues working closely with the People Partners.
- Continuously review our benefits and ensure they are the best we can offer and are meaningful to the team. Partner with the Finance squad to manage benefits administration and payroll.
- Scale yourself and the People Ops function. Create and maintain a People Ops ‘how to’ through templates for all employee documents; processes; reports and communications.
- Coach more junior members of the team in People Ops to support their learning.
- Improving processes and workflows is your jam. You love getting under the skin of an issue and making it better.
- You’ve got formal training and experience in an HR Operations, Systems, or Insights role.
- You’re up to speed on employment law and experienced at complex employee relation cases.
- You know numbers. You also love a good Excel sheet and enjoy sharing what you find.
- You can talk about your experiences running and improving HR systems. You probably don’t like the word systems, as well.
- You can demonstrate your experience around performance & reward cycles and administration
- You’re trustworthy and comfortable managing sensitive issues and data.
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is a PO3 level and we can pay £51,251- £66,085 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we’d love you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office. If you’re outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us a few times per year. And we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Other benefits;
- 25 days Annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 401k matching in the US and 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- 2 months paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo!
- Early finish every Friday
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- Access to Pushfar - online platform for external mentorship
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK (but only until next year). If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available (just for a little while). Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future. Check out this page for more information.