People Ops Coordinator (Remote) at Upstart
Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. As we transitioned to being a public company, we’re now poised to leverage our domain expertise and revolutionize every aspect of lending and credit risk evaluation. We’ve recently expanded our offerings to include automobile refinancing and we plan to take on more verticals as the business grows.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart not only supports a large remote workforce, but also has offices in San Mateo, CA; Columbus, OH; and Austin, TX.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Our People Operations team plays a critical role in designing innovative programs to support Upstart’s growth and success, and create a magical employee experience.
As a People Operations Coordinator at Upstart, you’ll get to collaborate with a wide-range of colleagues who are passionate about designing, managing, and improving people processes and programs across the employee lifecycle.This is an exciting opportunity to develop your broader People Operations expertise and directly interact with employees, managers, and leaders in areas such as Onboarding, Mobility, Benefits, Leaves of Absence, Performance Management, and our shift to a Digital First approach to work.
A successful candidate in this role is detail oriented, has critical thinking skills, and can operate in a rapidly changing environment. If you share our passion for building the people programs to support the innovators who are making credit more accessible through AI, this could be the role for you!
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote (#LI-REMOTE)
Time Zone Requirements - This team operates on the East/West Coast time zones.
Travel Requirements - This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur 2-3 days per Month at the San Mateo office. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Support people operations lifecycle activities such as new hire onboarding, benefits enrollment, leave administration, terminations, data management, internal mobility, among others
- Provide case management support across the HR lifecycle (onboarding, benefits, time off & leaves, time tracking, exits, among others)
- Support cyclical HR programs such as open enrollment, performance management, promotions, and annual compensation planning
- Proactively engage with our employees to understand their needs, unblock their challenges and escalate their feedback to ensure the People Ops team is addressing any systemic blocks to employee engagement and productivity
- Use analytics to understand performance metrics, and lead efforts to automate manual processes such as employee communications and scheduling, and HRIS data entry
- Update and streamline both internal and employee facing HR policies and process documentation
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of human resources experience with knowledge in general human resources as well as a speciality in either operations, training, benefits, employee engagement, performance, and/or compensation.
- Have strong customer service skills and respond promptly to internal & external customer needs
- Analytical thinker with a strong track record of identifying operational inefficiencies, gathering buy-in to implement solutions, and managing all aspects of a process improvement project
- Ability to collaborate on cross functional projects teams, managing ongoing stakeholder relationships, and navigating constantly changing priorities and competing demands with flexibility
- Provide accurate process execution, as well as data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks
- Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from the People Operations team
- Experience using data and visualizations to create persuasive narratives and gain buy-in
- Preferred qualifications:
- Workday HRIS experience
- HR certifications and degrees
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets formulas
- Project management or operations management experience such as lean six sigma
What you’ll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal Development and Technology & Ergonomic Budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and Activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.