Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are growing our Addepar People team with the addition of an HR Specialist. This hands-on position will be responsible for providing the full spectrum of People Operations (HR) services and support across all of our offices in the US, Canada, and the UK.
This key member of the People Operations team will be responsible for supporting a variety of processes, programs and practices, including: employee onboarding, shared services, compensation, immigration, benefits, systems, and compliance. The successful candidate will have an enthusiasm for challenge, problem-solving, and a passion for process improvement. This role will require flexibility in thinking and an ability to pivot quickly to address new priorities.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with hiring activities, including but not limited to, ensuring employee smooth onboarding experience, hiring employees into our HCM, coordinating with Workplace Team and IT team ensuring operational readiness, and validating work authorization
- Deliver Day 1 onboarding to new hires in all locations
- Serve as the first point of contact and specialist for employee inquiries regarding corporate policies, benefits, leave of absence, 401k, employee data, and any other general inquiries
- Provide light administration for a variety of people systems (e.g., benefits, 401k, HCM)
- Provide people support on special projects such as Open Enrollment and system testing
- Support the end-to-end lifecycle transactions of employees in the US, UK, and Canada and be a strong resource for the People team
- Respond to all unemployment claims and verification of employment in a timely manner
- Perform monthly benefits invoices audit and discrepancy report audit
- Any other ad-hoc activities and HR projects
Who You Are
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training; minimum 2+ years’ relevant experience, ideally in a fast-paced, growing tech company
- You understand the importance of customer experience and are highly responsive to all inquiries
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to stay organized without missing a small detail
- You know how to prioritize your time and can handle multiple projects at once
- You enjoy learning new tools and systems and pick them up quickly
- You understand the sensitivity of confidential information (and understand there is usually a human on the other end of it)
- You are always aiming to improve the process, the experience, and yourself
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state laws, guidelines, and compliance regulations relative to employment
- Strong proficiency with HCM systems (ADP & Bamboohr preferred), and Google Suite
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.