People Operations Generalist at Nexient (Ann Arbor, MI)
| Ann Arbor, MI
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:03 a.m. (CST) on Friday, April 22, 2022
About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 1000+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
The People Operations Generalist role is core to our People Operations Team, and responsible for a wide variety of tasks and programs. This role is highly visible and is responsible for deliverables such as supporting team member requests, maintaining people systems, creating reports, maintaining contingent worker and team member files, and assisting with People related programs.
Candidates should be extremely passionate about people, have excellent organizational skills, an eye for detail and the ability to handle sensitive information, confidentially. We work collaboratively, are fast paced, and have many projects and programs that will require prioritization and time management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are key to success in this role. Bottom line – you need to care about people and committed to doing what is right for them.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Own People related administrative tasks, reporting, employment verifications, onboarding and off-boarding procedures and other People related projects
- Support new hire onboarding; set them up in our People systems, answer questions on benefits, perks and policies; perform team member related verifications
- Work with cross-functional teams to support the team member Lifecycle
- Maintain team member records
- Ensure a smooth off-boarding experience and prepare termination files
- Organize and execute on internal audit efforts aimed at supporting compliance
- Respond to internal and external People related inquiries or requests.
- Manage and maintain team member data and files in our HRIS, BambooHR
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and streamline existing HR business processes
- Lead team member engagement programs (that may include but not limited to D&I, wellness, learning & development, ERGs, virtual & physical events, recognition, and surveys)
- Participate in process documentation and improvement efforts
- Assist with special projects on an as needed basis
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to put people first – caring for our team members is priority
- Related experience in People Operations
- Ability to work at fast pace, multitask, and utilize creative problem solving
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Experience dealing with confidential information
- Excellent prioritization, organizational and time-management skills
- Highly collaborative, detail oriented and articulate
- Basic knowledge of payroll and HR procedures and processes
- Experience with MS Office and Google applications, specifically complex spreadsheets
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hardcoded into our DNA and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.
More Information on Nexient
Nexient operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Newark, CA, Kokomo, IN, Dublin, OH and Ann Arbor, MI. Nexient was founded in 2009. It has 728 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 89 open jobs at Nexient, click here.
Read Full Job Description