People Operations Associate at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:16 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, October 13, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 12,000+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build IoT security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well. Verkada has raised over $140 million from backers including Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech, and Siemens.
We are looking for an exceptional People Operations Associate to join our growing People team. This role will drive key initiatives for Verkada including Performance Management, and Pulse engagement survey program operations, and deliver people data and insights to the business. The ideal candidate is highly motivated with a positive attitude, and exhibits patience, teamwork, and critical thinking. This role requires people passionate about doing dozens of things well every day to maximize our employee experience.
- Support numerous People Partners within the People team and other key functions within the company (recruiting, compensation, finance, benefits, immigration, payroll, mobility, HRIS)
- Support the full employment lifecycle of our employees from on-boarding through off-boarding to make their experience seamless
- Reporting and analytics based on organization needs and driving insights for People Partners using existing dashboards and HRIS data
- Intake and address employee questions relating to areas such as onboarding, immigration, benefits, payroll, mobility, leave, etc.
- Create and support people programs related to employee experience, engagement, and recognition to help employees be productive and motivated
- Own and drive all People/HR compliance processes and audits, including overseeing the completion of mandatory trainings
- Identify opportunities for improvement and assist with communication, implementation and change management of various programs and initiatives
- BA/BS degree. MBA or Master's degree a plus
- Must be in-office at HQ in San Mateo, CA
- 2+ years experience -- either in a people operations role or in roles demonstrating operational excellence and a customer service mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to effectively communicate with senior management in an efficient manner
- Excellent project and stakeholder management skills
- Experience at a fast-paced, high growth Tech company preferred
- Experience with BambooHR or other HRIS and Lever ATS
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description