Octane is a Fintech company whose mission is to connect people with their passions. The transaction process for large purchases such as powersports, RVs, boats, and home improvements is slow and frustrating, but Octane is changing that through automated underwriting, innovative credit products, and financing through our in-house lender Roadrunner Financial. Octane reaches millions of enthusiasts through editorial brands like Cycle World and Cycle Volta and helps consumers buy their favorite products with instant, frictionless financing on Octane.co. Octane is revolutionizing lending in under-served verticals that account for tens of billions of dollars in annual transactions.
Octane is gaining traction quickly with customers, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than $1B since inception. Octane works with more than 3,500 merchants in the USA and offers promotional financing with low rates for more than 40 OEM brands. Because we’re the platform and the lender, we have both high growth and positive unit economics - rare for a fintech. We have raised more than $192M in capital from leading investors, including Valar Ventures, IA Ventures, Contour Venture Partners, Third Prime, Progressive Insurance and Citi Ventures and our lending securities are rated AA by Standard & Poor’s.
We are seeking a collaborative and empathetic People Manager to support the Director of People by servicing the client groups and supports companywide people related initiatives and programs. Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of HR administration, with specific proficiency in employee relations, performance management, employment law, job descriptions, policies, and HR systems.
Specifically, you will:
- Work closely with People Director and management in assigned groups to develop and implement organizational strategies that optimize the company performance and overall effectiveness.
- Respond to employee inquiries and concerns, working directly with employees providing guidance relating to their individual career path, performance management, organizational learning opportunities and other HR related issues.
- Provide managers and employees with ongoing coaching, sharing tools and solutions that support leadership development.
- Support Director of People on DEI Initiatives and training platform.
- Partner with People Director and client groups on assessment of talent, succession planning and key talent development to ensure business and talent is prepared for future growth.
- Be a change advocate and work with leaders to ensure change is understood, adopted, and implemented by supporting effective planning, communication, and training to enable successful execution of change efforts.
- Work with employees and managers to drive high performance and synergy within their teams.
- Facilitate and support cyclical People initiatives such as performance reviews, goals, talent calibration, employee engagement survey and action planning, as well as other annual initiatives.
- Respond and investigate employee relations issues, advising of risk and recommending the best decision for all parties. Identify trends and recommend effective solutions.
- Relevant bachelor's degree (advanced degree or certifications preferred), followed by 10+ years of progressive experience in HR generalist, HR business partner or talent management positions of increasing responsibility.
- Experience in human resources management in a tech or early-stage environment during which you worked directly with Engineering, Sales and Product areas.
- Demonstrable experience with relationship building, communication, and influencing skills.
- Highly collaborative and able to operate in an agile dynamic environment.
- Results-focused, data-driven, and solutions-oriented.
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with Company non-elective contribution AND company match!
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Team Activities (remotely)
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.