Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the role:
Our People team is looking for an experienced and innovative HR leader to lead a small team of People Partners who support our growing technical and engineering teams. You will partner with senior leaders across Engineering to develop and deliver our team’s initiatives — driving business results and an exceptional employee experience. The role can be based out of San Francisco, CA or Phoenix, AZ.
We're looking for teammates who are/have:
- Strategic leader with proven ability to connect dots and influence strategic thinking
- Reliable in program delivery, sound judgement and ability to execute in a fast paced environment
- Authentic with impeccable integrity, whose personal and professional values are consistent with Opendoor's values and leadership expectations.
- A builder: someone who can produce results, with a laser focus on critical business issues and the ability to anticipate
- Ability to quickly build trust and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, knowing appropriate variance in communication style as needed.
- Collaborative style: someone who prioritizes the interests of the broader team
- A confident and well-prepared leader with the courage to do what it takes to get initiatives built and adopted.
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity and complexity.
- A well cultivated critical thinker who can work at an accelerated pace with a metrics-driven approach to all solutions; able to evolve at the pace of technological advancements and trends shaping the industry.
- Inspirational coach, leader, colleague and culture champion within the company with expertise in serving technical engineering audiences
- Team oriented consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing “win-win” solutions across a matrix management organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to partner and build relationships with executive leadership, managers and all levels of coworkers.
- High degree of resilience and tenacity to drive change.
- 10+ years of HR Business Partner experience in roles of progressively increasing scope and in matrixed, high-growth organizations
- Experience in a high profile, strategic HR role with heavy executive-level interface and a high degree of executive influence
- Significant depth in organizational design & learning, people manager development, facilitation, and Employee Relations is desired
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or equivalent experience is required with a preference for an advanced degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description