We are currently seeking a People Business Partner (PBP) Director to support our revenue generating organization (direct sales). This position will be responsible for leading, supporting, and facilitating the delivery of high impact People services. The PBP Director will work closely with the revenue leadership teams to provide expert advice and coaching aligned with business objectives. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned business partner to work directly with senior leaders and drive people strategy through a tremendous period of change, growth and scale.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic advice, counsel, and consultative solutions to executives on people management aspects of their business, including driving organizational development, team effectiveness, executing change management strategy, and employee engagement solutions.
- Act as the advocate for leading the talent management and development plans for the business unit with a focus on enhancing the quality of leaders and managers, building skills and capabilities of the workforce, and ensuring succession bench strength.
- Develop and monitor regular and ad-hoc reports to ensure People metrics are quantified and outcome-driven. Able to identify trends and proactively recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation/execution of core People programs.
- Direct, develop and drive business unit’s global workforce plan and human capital strategies by acquiring and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the business, not limited to budget, revenue, and product and portfolio roadmaps. Partner with Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, and Finance to ensure a feasible, pro-active workforce plan is in place and well-executed.
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex People issues (e.g., performance management and total rewards).
- Collaborate and consult on the design and delivery of People programs with the COEs to deliver effective solutions to the business.
- Partner with team members throughout the People organization to communicate and educate on policies, procedures, and compliance.
- Leverage best practices and identifies opportunities for efficiencies.
- Understand the client groups, strategy, challenges, business initiatives, and business model.
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Exceptional communication skills combined with demonstrated problem-solving ability are critical for this role.
- Able to build relationships, develop credibility with internal clients and mentor HR colleagues.
- Viewed as a resource for advice and guidance by peers and senior leaders.
- Good understanding of matrix structures and politically savvy.
- Ability to cope with pressure maintaining a high standard of deliverables.
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills.
- Ability to analyze data and propose methods for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a confidential environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving and changing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in various mediums to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task and respond effectively to changing priorities and demands.
- Strong experience working with technology companies.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required and 10+ years HRBP experience in a high-speed, global technology company.
- 5+ years HRBP experience supporting a growing, global tech sales team including alignment with SVP+ level direct sales leaders in an international environment is preferred.
- HRBP experience supporting teams of 750+ employees.
- Experience coaching and mentoring others in an informal or formal setting.
- Experience working on various HR programs/projects.
- Experience managing remote teams.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.