People Advisory Manager at Visa (Atlanta, GA)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
Locations: Atlanta, GA or Austin, TX
Visa’s newly launched People Advisory team is focused on balancing our capability, capacity & delivery of Visa’s people agenda through contextualized services & solutions for our clients. We are seeking a manager-level generalist with a client-centric mindset to provide consultative, advisory services to support managers and leading with empathy in responding to workplace matters and interactions. Initial areas of focus include talent development advisory, annual review support, team design and effectiveness, performance management, conflict resolution, and other policy interpretation and consultation. The role will continue to evolve and expand as the People Advisory team grows.
Drive an effective client-service People team that instills company-wide trust and value for the People function.
Responsible for elevating the manager experience across all People-related competencies. Provide coaching to managers on a variety of people management matters.
- Provide support to People Leaders for a variety of situations and programs like performance management, conflict resolution, talent development, annual review support, etc.
- Lead efforts with People Leaders to facilitate effective management of teams and resolve issues that may arise in the workplace between employees and managers
- Respond thoughtfully to questions regarding HR policy, process on the topics above
- Provide detailed tracking and documentation of cases through appropriate spreadsheets and portals
- Respond to inquiries and provide overall cross functional support as needed; partner with other HR teams as needed for inputs and alignment
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or at least 1 year of work experience with a PhD
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• HR Generalist talent who leads with empathy and able to pivot depending on the needs of the organization
• Foster a client-focused environment and mindset to ensure delivery of an exceptional employee experience
• Possess an in depth understanding of the disciplines across People functions including employee relations and People Business Partner/generalist experience
• Experience in driving effective resolution to a variety of situations from performance management to conflict resolution with empathy and understanding in all interactions with a high degree of discretion and judgement and knowing when to ask for guidance/thought leadership
• Experience with consulting people leaders on a variety of HR topics including promotions, compensation changes, annual review, etc.
• Strong written, verbal and listening skills including the ability to write cohesive emails, summaries and plans/reports
• Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills and managing in ambiguity while building effective cross functional relationships/partnerships
• Proven ability to make judgment calls and sound, ethical decisions displaying a heightened level of responsibility, confidentiality, integrity and professionalism
• Strong attention to detail and high work standards in support of accurate, flawless delivery
• Ability to balance employer and employee advocacy
• 6 or more years of progressive HR experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
• Preferred experience working in Payments, Technology, multinational/global large- scale brand company
• Incumbent must make themselves available to support employees in multiple time zones including some weekends and evenings rotating as needed
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.